1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

600RR Slipper Clutch install help

Discussion in 'Tech' started by imaboa, Feb 14, 2015.

1. imaboa

imaboa Member

I'm putting a yoyodyne slipper clutch in my 07 600RR. Unfortunately, I can't find a pdf version of the installation manual online, and the CD that was sent with the clutch doesn't work in any computer I can find....

So, I've found most of what I need through forum posts, youtube videos, etc.

Except for one thing.

It looks like there are two different thickness collars that go under the spring retaining bolts. I'm assuming that using one or the other maybe puts a little more preload on the springs. But, I'm also worried that I'm wrong (surely wouldn't be the first time), and that it goes somewhere else in the assembly that I've overlooked.

Anyone know what the silver collars are for?

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 14, 2015
  2. javyday

javyday Well-Known Member

You are correct. Use one or the other

3. imaboa

imaboa Member

Thanks for the help.

Do you know if more spring preload on the springs has any affect on the decel clutch slippage?

4. dobr24

dobr24 Well-Known Member

IIRC thicker collars = less slippage

5. javyday

javyday Well-Known Member

I torqued the spring retainers to the Yoyodyne instructions. You are going to love it. I'm on a Suzuki now and the stock slipper is no where near the performance of the Yoyodyne slipper.

6. Yoyo

Yoyo Well-Known Member

The spring retainers (collars) adjust the pressure on the pressure plate.
    This is used to fine tune the slip of the clutch.

The shorter retainers compress the spring more, and this gives less slip on deceleration, and can cure slipping on acceleration if you have a high HP motor.

Stiffer or aftermarket springs do the same thing as shorter retainers.

On clutches with an even number of retainers, you can alternate short and tall for an even finer adjustment.