1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

6.5 Creedmoor or .308?

Discussion in 'General' started by Kev59, Mar 23, 2020.

1. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

@rd400racer, looks like the Beer & Bang parties we used to have. For years, a dozen or two of us guys used to descend on a 76acre hunting lodge. Everyone brought everything they had. The only rules, no woman, no kids, no pets and no cell phones.
    (Started as a Bachelor party. We just kept goin' back...made it an annual mecca.)

We were up 24/7 from Friday afternoon 'til Sunday afternoon. Explosive reactive targets, clays from motorcycles, suicide(?) clays, clays from the hip, clays on the move, clays with pistols, bonfire, beer+, music, rifle and pistol games, tracers, muzzle blast competitions, range out to 600yds...
    There was some fishin', loggin' and trail riding to a lesser extent or as necessary.

I miss those days. :(

rd400racer and Phl218 like this.
  2. Jed

Jed mellifluous

Pie plate on a turkey plater!

Phl218 likes this.
  3. Phl218

Phl218 .

H&K snob :D

4. motoracer1100

motoracer1100 Well-Known Member

My first car was a Porsche 914 2.0 ... it was a VW ... just saying :D

fastfreddie and Phl218 like this.
  5. prm

prm Well-Known Member

140 VLDs shoot really well in my Barrett Fieldcraft (6.5 CM). But then again, so do ELDs, 140 or 147s. The 143s not so much. Shot a bull elk with the 140 VLD too. It’s not just a paper puncher. If you can find bulk 6.5 ammo cheap I’d go that route in the AR, but nothing wrong with the 308. My 308 loves 155 Scenars.