1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

4-stroke dirtbikes...

Discussion in 'General' started by John LegionST, Feb 8, 2012.

1. John LegionST

John LegionST Well-Known Member

2. scott65

scott65 Well-Known Member

3. compmoto

compmoto Team Geno

just sold this 2t ...

it didn't have the chickadees with it tho...
    2010 GasGas EC 300... It raced me 5 times, it was about the nicest bike I've ever owned. Now I have an older EC200, that runs like a scalded doggie ! And a RM250 set up for woods riding...

Attached Files:

4. John LegionST

5. 5axis

5axis Well-Known Member

sounds very nice and the riding looks like ya done that a time or two before:up:

6. BSA43

BSA43 Well-Known Member

You whippersnappers don't know a "dirt bike with soul" from a hole in the ground

. . . the hole made by a dirt bike with TRUE soul, like a Matchless G80 or BSA BB34.

Real dirt bikes, bikes with 3" of suspension travel, ridden by real men, men born while the earth's crust was still cooling and dinosaurs hadn't yet been made into fuel.

And, yes, they were 4 strokes.

7. inpayne

inpayne Well-Known Member

My biggest problem with dirtbikes when I owned a yz125 was getting those stupid clunky dirtbike boots under the effin shifter.

8. iceman017

iceman017 alive and kicking

I miss my first dirtbikes... both kx125's. If some bastard hadn't stole the second one, I'd still have it. I guess my ktm250f will suffice until I can find another great 2smoker :D

9. KrooklynSV

KrooklynSV Usual Suspect

What mount are you using for your camera? It looks good. :up:

10. John LegionST

Thanks. Amazingly that is a completely stock bike except for some Moto T reeds and intake. stock pipe and silencer even. Thinking it's going to get a PC exhaust soon. Once upon a time I raced for many years, I'm no where near as fast as I once was... but isnt that the same old story hahahaha.

You're not alone, almost every new rider I talk with has the same problem... it even takes me a few rides to get used to it again after I havent ridden for a while. But it does become second nature after a while.

That was the Chesty. I wore it over my chest protector because I wasnt too keen on having a solid/hard object right over my heart/lungs while motoing. While it does provide great footage, I'm still a little concerned with it being there... going to experiment with some more mounts in a couple weeks.

11. Once a Wanker..

Once a Wanker.. Always a Wanker!

I couldn't decide between a YZ125 & 250, back in late 2006. I found incredible deals on them both out there, as this was the peak of the 4-T wave. I ended up with one of each, (new,) for what a KTM would have cost me. I love having them both!

But this is what I want next!
    http://www.enduro360.com/2011/11/19/featured/new-ossa-250i-300i-enduro-models/
    The trials version is out there already. I love the problems they solved with this bike!

I'm sure Yamaha will have direct injection 2-T dirt bikes soon, since they have experience with their 2-t outboard motors now.

Maybe someone in charge of racing will realize that displacement is displacement, no matter how you suck & blow it! ;):Pop:

12. cd0583

cd0583 Member