1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

4-stroke dirtbikes...

Discussion in 'General' started by John LegionST, Feb 8, 2012.

1. GSmann

GSmann Well-Known Member

I've been tempted.:D

My daughters Christmas present this year.

[​IMG]

and her in action last weekend.

[​IMG]

2. socalrider

socalrider pathetic and rude

:crackup:

3. Joe Morris

Joe Morris Off The Reservation

Me and Frack picked up 2-stroke MX bikes this Fall/Winter. Haven't had really favorable weather timing but the few times out have been a barrel of fun.

[​IMG]

1994 RM250 and 1999 YZ125 at Hog Heaven MX over the Holiday break.

4. cpettit

cpettit Well-Known Member

Its getting a once over at my brothers place in Mt Washington at the moment. Should be ready just in time for the warm weather. Gotta find someplace to go shake er down like a farm or something. We have a couple of 80's we can rip around on too.

5. vince224

vince224 Well-Known Member

god help me when i can no longer find parts for my TZ250... :)

vince
    :D

6. stickboy274

stickboy274 Stick-a-licious Tire Dude

I got slapped the last time I used that line.

I have an old butterscotch colored KTM 300. That thing is the best. Nothing like riding something that really wants to throw you off it's back.

7. flying

flying Well-Known Member

Agreed!!!

I bought a '03 YZ250 when the 4-strokes were coming in big. They may be faster, but no thanks...The sound of a loud 4-stroke single is instant desire for earplugs!

Love the sound, smell, and character of the 2 smokes!

I'll miss that smell at IndyGP this year. :(

8. mattf

mattf Banned-a-lama-ding-dong.

Miss my old CR500 so much. Hell, my first real bike was an RM80 way back in the day!

4T's have their place tho.....

9. stickboy274

My first bike was an early 70's MR 50 baby Elsinore. It was new, I think that makes me old. A two stroke with a clutch at 4 is the way to start a kid.

10. Kyle827

Kyle827 Well-Known Member

sounds like a bunch of bitches that are getting smoked by the new 4 strokes :D

get with the times ya old asses. easy to ride my ass, no clutch my ass, no shifting my ass.....I promise I shift my 4 way more than the old 2, they take way more effort to keep in the ruts and drive straight, and nothing beats a thumper growlllll....now I will stand in line for the bashing but ya'll living in the 90's!

11. Kyle827

oh for good measure....thump thump bitches :D

[​IMG]

12. stickboy274

I spent a day on a yz250f that CR let me use. t was so easy to trail ride it was like cheating. I chased a KTM 530 all day. He finally got tired and let me go.

13. Kyle827

Mine is white but she is a honda baby! Ride red, well with white plastics...

Stick you must not been going fast, :moon:

I just hold it wide open and see what happens, most the time it works, sometimes it dont :D

14. stickboy274

That's how I was riding the 250. I only tried that once on my 300 2t. It didn't work out as good as I planned, and I knew it was going to be bad when I did it.

15. Kyle827

2, 4, I4, V2, I can, and have crashed them all with the best of em :D

16. stickboy274

I've pt more than my fair share of effort into those as well. I wanted to be a well rounded crasher.

17. zrx12man

zrx12man Captain Amazing

We have 6 bikes in the garage right now, and only one's a 4T. The most fun/most used bike? The kid's YZ85.

18. Ian178

Ian178 Well-Known Member

I picked up a '99 (or so) cr 80 for my girlfriend. She's short and it fits her well. She'd never been on a bike, and had never even driven a manual trans car before me. Everybody who heard about it told me I should have gotten her an xr... she couldn't learn on it... blah blah blah. Well, I couldn't see how to instill a love of bikes w/o getting her a 2-stroke. She's done fine on it and, in my opinion, sees a little more of the magic than she would have on a four stroke.

19. stickboy274

Is this where we say all you had to offer your GF was two strokes, or something else inappropriate?

20. Ian178

Ian178 Well-Known Member

haha... even i didn't see that coming...

f@ck where does it end

:crackup: