1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

4 8 15 16 23 42

Discussion in 'General' started by ekraft84, Oct 13, 2005.

1. DrA5

DrA5 The OTHER Great Dane

2. derby369

derby369 Well-Known Member

3. DrA5

4. Shyster d'Oil

Shyster d'Oil Gerard Frommage

Are you guys gonna form a support group or what? :D

Last edited: May 25, 2010
  5. metricdevilmoto

metricdevilmoto Just forking around

6. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

You'll never understand. :p

I just want the pain to go away... :D

If we all tweet the producers you think we could convince them to make a movie for some more closure? :)

Speaking of, the younger producer was from Tenafly or Teaneck, NJ.....yea boooyyyy, representin......NJ in da house!

That was a good write up and the one from eonline I liked too, after reading those takes, you kinda lighten up on the way they chose to close up shop.

7. DrA5

Exactally. After reading deeper interpretations, you realize they did what they set out to do.

Anyone else notice how they were sitting in church? Like they were on a plane? The final scene of the wreckage was put in by ABC to "soften up" the audiance before the news after coming off Jack's death. (like the news is any better). It wasnt part of the story, but had a lot of people talking.

8. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

I did not notice that, the only people who seemed to have been left out w/out an explanation from any of those links were the older married couple (black woman/white dude).......I know they said they lived the rest of their days on the island but why werent they included in the final scene in the church, they certainly were there from the very start???

9. DrA5

Rose and Bernard were in the church with the rest.

10. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I have to say that even though I feel somewhat at peace with the non-answers, I would have liked to find out more about Mr. Ecko.

11. metricdevilmoto

metricdevilmoto Just forking around

I still don't buy that this ending was the idea all along.

12. Rising

Rising Well-Known Member

My only problem with the ending is that (the way I understand it) the island ultimately did not matter to the way the series ended. In a way it was a secondary character. They could have had exactly the same ending without the island.

Essentially the story was about a group of people that shared in a major experience together and to move on from purgatory they all had to be united there. The major experience could have been anything, like war, it was just that in this case it was the island. The writers made the island out to be the focus of the story but in the end it was just a magical island that they did little to explain.

13. some guy #2

some guy #2 Well-Known Member

^werd

As unsatisfying as it all seems basically all the good stuff was filler until the contract ran out. It was a good show with an unique ending but it's done.

14. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I had an epiphany last night. I figured out the meaning of the whole thing.

The cave with the bright light, well that's the vagina. It is, after all, the key to life as we know it. Jacob is the fat girlfriend trying to cock block Smokey, the horny guy trying to get laid at all costs. The candidates are other fat girls that Jacob is trying to recruit to make sure the vagina remains untouched even after he leaves the bar. The pretty girl who owns the vagina is just too naïve and nice and can't be counted on to protect herself against sexual predators like Smokey.

15. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

I dont think I've ever read a post from you clearly after alcohol consumption. :D

16. ridnwb

ridnwb Perpetually Angry

This all makes sense now. Ben is the overprotective friend that is always around even though he knows he'll never have her. Is Charles Whidmore the douchy xbf that'll stop at nothing to get back with her?

17. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Nice catch on Ben. I'm not sure about Charles.

18. HPPT

HPPT !!!

It's "confirmed," his name is Samuel.

19. Repo Man

Repo Man 50 years of Yamaha GP!!

I feel better now..... :p

20. DrA5

I received the "LOST Encyclopedia" for Christmas. Pretty in depth. It only briefly touches on the "Sideways world" of the last season. As the writers said in the forward, you will learn things you did not know, but it will not answer all your questions.