1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

4 8 15 16 23 42

Discussion in 'General' started by ekraft84, Oct 13, 2005.

1. ekraft84

ekraft84 Registered User

Yeah we were talking about that on the shark's tail too .. wild ..

What about the whispering in the jungle? I heard playing that backwards says something .. ?

2. Lawn Dart

Lawn Dart Difficult. With a big D.

Okay, you got me there... Its been so long since I saw that episode..

You really are a LOST freak if you remember details like that... (and the logo on the shark fin).

3. Don_728

Don_728 The dog made me do it!

Not sure about the playing whispering backwards, but its definately saying something. Sawyer hears "what goes around comes around" or what ever that guy he shot was saying as he died (can't remember)

4. Don_728

I caught some of it, but most comes from the fansite .

Another trick is to watch the show with closed captioning on (thats how I "heard" the we part) :Poke:

You can also faintly hear Kate screaming Jacks name in the bunker while Jack enters Desmonds computer room -- Jess heard that one.

5. ekraft84

ekraft84 Registered User

Here's an idea. . remember the bottle Desmond shoots himself up with?

"2FENO6" looked like chemical notation to me. Fe = iron; NO = nitric oxide. Apparently, the two are bound together in nitrophorins, which are hemoproteins found in the saliva of blood-sucking insects. The nitric oxide acts as a vasodilator and it inhibits blood coagulation. Apparently, "[n]itric oxide (NO) is a reactive molecule produced at low concentrations in all higher animals for regulating activities such as blood pressure, wound healing, and memory formation, and at higher concentrations to kill infectious invaders."

This on a tropical island .... this hold any weight?

6. Don_728

Nope, the injectable bottles are labeled 4 8 15 16 23 42

:Poke:

:D

7. ekraft84

ekraft84 Registered User

In the screenshot I saw, it was more than just the numbers ..

<shrug>

8. ekraft84

ekraft84 Registered User

(from someone I work with)

I noticed it late last night when I was trying to put Jin's age together.

Jin is supposed to be born in '74 which would make him 30 at his job interview, which would mean that the interview was at least, if not after 11/27/2004.

http://lost-media.com/modules/coppermine/albums/ep-caps/season2/2x05-found2/1/andfound-cap114.jpg

Jack's luggage says 09SEPT21. Now there's no way the plane took off in 2021 because that would make Jin 47 years old. Now if the plane took off in 2009 then he's 35 years old. Jin's resume flashback preceded his original flashback with Sun, so this job he held in 2004 was before he even met Sun.

http://www.lostaddicts.zoomshare.com/my_images/lostpic3.jpg

And the email I just sent to Jins email.

***Out of office reply*** Mr. Kwon will be out of the office until Sept 9, 2009. Thank you

Maybe a visual timeline would be better.

1974 - Born
    2004 - Worked as a doorman, met Sun (30 yrs old)
    2005 - Worked as a waiter while secretly courting Sun (31 yrs old)
    2006 - Married Sun, worked as a hired gun and visited gov't official when Hurley won the lotto/got puppy (32 ys old)
    2009 - Puppy is older and larger now [possibly 3 yrs worth of growing], Flew to LA on Flight 815 (35 yrs old)

Anyone like to guess what this might mean? :)

9. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Wow. you people are waaayyyyy too into a television show!

:wow:

10. ekraft84

ekraft84 Registered User

If you watched the first season, you'd understand. It's like a friggin addicting puzzle/action game/show ..

11. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

And when I first posted that it was better than 24, nobody agreed:rolleyes:

12. goodmatt78

goodmatt78 Well-Known Member

I just started watching this season. I was fortunate that they did a recap of season 1 before the first episode of season 2.

However,,after reading this thread, i might need to rent/buy season 1 and start tearing it apart 1 screen shot at a time. :D

13. ekraft84

ekraft84 Registered User

I'd put it right up there. They're both just as good in my book. 24 is more action/drama, and Lost is more puzzle/drama sorta speak. And maybe that's not the best way to describe it, but like them both just as much, but they definitely aren't the same type of show.

14. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

I enjoyed the first season of 24. The Jack Bauer[sp] shit is too much. Maybe he can save the world from E.T.s next:Puke:

15. ekraft84

ekraft84 Registered User

Well that's the show. Once you get over the 'how does Jack do this? And why does it all happen in one day?", then it's more enjoyable. :)

Anyway, back to Lost .. I think Jin's letter eludes to the fact that the show might be taking place in 2009 ..

16. RacerGirl117

RacerGirl117 Well-Known Member

Eddie, I have to say I think you've lost it. No pun intended. ;) What difference does it make what year it is/was when the plane crashed or when Jin worked as a doorman, met Sun, etc.?

I just like the show because of the mystery. I don't like to disect it as much as some of y'all. ;)

17. Lawn Dart

Lawn Dart Difficult. With a big D.

I'm much like you... I like the show for its mystery and its downright oddity. You have to admit though - that's some damn clever writing if it stands up to the scrutiny that people like Eddie put it through.

There was another show called "Push, Nevada" that incorporated stuff outside the TV show into its "canon" (like the websites, e-mails, etc). I think its pretty cool when the writers do stuff like that.

18. RacerGirl117

New episode on tonight. Looks to be a good one based on the trailers.

19. ekraft84

ekraft84 Registered User

That was a good one. :)

20. RacerGirl117

Yeah it was. Do you really think Shannon is dead? I thought for sure Sawyer was going to be the one to go.

I am already anticipating the release of season 2 DVD's.