1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2nd Gen SV650 Superbike Motor $2,200

Discussion in 'Parts for Sale' started by wcoats, Oct 6, 2019.

Tags:
  1. wcoats

wcoats Well-Known Member

2nd Gen SV650 2mm over motor(677 cc). I built this for my 2005 SV650 but had some delays getting it together and decided to switch to a 3rd gen SV for next year. I already sold my 2nd gen with a different motor in it. I borrowed an SV from Russell to test the motor and make sure it runs as expected before listing it. Motor is pretty much fresh after this build, just some heat cycles and a few dyno pulls to get the rings seated and make sure it ran as expected under load.

Currently located in Raleigh NC, but I can have it at the WERA GNF for pick up. Selling it for less than I have in it because I no longer have a 2nd gen SV to use it in.

What's in the motor:
    -Wiseco 83mm 12.5:1 Pistons(2mm over bore)
    -Forged A beam connecting rods
    -Lightened flywheel and Sprag
    -Ported heads
    -Exhaust cam swap with 3rd gen(higher lift than 2nd gen exhaust cam)

It made 83 hp and 51.4 ft/lbs of torque at the rear wheel on the dyno but that was in a bike I borrowed to test it with stock throttle bodies, stock air filter and running 100 octane pump gas. I'm sure you'll get a few more hp when you put it in a bike with bored throttle bodies, aftermarket air filter and do a tune for what ever race gas you want to use.

Attached Files:

grandpanot likes this.
  2. Vasilate

Vasilate New Member

I am interested 4043370806. Shannon

3. Dave_SV

Dave_SV Well-Known Member

How much for the stud doing the dyno runs?

4. regularguy

regularguy Always Krispy

You can't afford me Dave..

Dave_SV likes this.
  5. Dave_SV

Dave_SV Well-Known Member

I've got a box of Krispy Kremes and a sixpack of Bud Light!

6. wcoats

wcoats Well-Known Member

Still available. I never got a response from 'Vasilate'

7. wcoats

wcoats Well-Known Member

Price drop to $1,900

8. JBall

JBall REALLY senior member

Was anything else done to raise compression besides the pistons? Basically, does it have to have high octane race gas or could it be run on 93 pump.
    (got a wiring harness and eco to swap from a twin plug motor?)

Thanks

9. wcoats

wcoats Well-Known Member

Just the high compression pistons to up compression but I would think it's a good idea to run higher octane gas with high compression pistons.

I do have an extra single plug(03-06) 2nd gen SV wire harness that came with one of the 2nd gen SV track bikes I've had. If you buy the motor you are welcome to have the wire harness for free.

10. Champer

Champer Well-Known Member

03 and 04 have the 3 pin fuel pump connector, easy enough to fix but annoying. You would also need 03-06 throttle bodies, or maybe buy that sweet DL1000 45mm setup that Sam Wiest has for sale.

11. wcoats

wcoats Well-Known Member

Still available and will be at the GNF next weekend available to pick up there. Open to reasonable offers

12. SugeonGeneral

SugeonGeneral Well-Known Member

13. wcoats

wcoats Well-Known Member

Sold it last October. Sorry for not updating the thread to say sold.

I was actually pitted across from the guy that bought it from me at the CCS race at Roebling Road this past weekend