1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2nd Gen SV650 Project (or at least a good story?)

Discussion in 'Bikes for Sale' started by CafeRacer, Jun 25, 2018.

1. CafeRacer

CafeRacer Well-Known Member

Mostly complete bike with some really nice parts. Asking $2.500 for the lot.

[​IMG]

The highlights:
    • Second Generation frame (no title)
    • Fresh ish / Stock ish motor. Ran great when parked. I was told there are first generation cams in it but can't prove it. Never on a dyno.
    • 2007 ish GSXR 600/750 front end. I was also told there are aftermarket internals in it. I've ridden this front end and it felt fine but if I'm honest, I'm not good enough to be able to tell you if this is built or not.
    • Brand new All Balls steering bearings installed.
    • Brand new swingarm bearings.
    • Ohlins steering dampner.
    • Brand new (never ridden) Penske height adjustable double clicker shock (made for a 190 lb rider with the linear link)
    • Brand new (never ridden) 707 Racing linear rear suspension link and dogbones (stock geometry).
    • Brand new (never ridden) TWF spacer kit and straight used GSXR rear wheel.
    • Brand new (never started) M4 header and end pipe.
    • OEM GSXR 1000 Brembo front calipers.
    • Brembo 19x18 radial master.
    • Motion Pro quick throttle
    • Woodcraft rearsets.
    • New Woodcraft clip ons.
    • AIM Mychron 4 dash with infrared lap timer
    • Brand new (never used) aluminum radiator and Samco hoses
    • Battery box for relocated tiny battery (sits on the left side of the front cylinder)
    • Brand new Hotbodies "MotoGP" bodywork (no tail section)
    • Brand New Vortex GSXR fairing stay.
    Other normal stuff too:
    • Good tank and keyless cap
    • Complete wiring harness with keyless ignition.
    • Throttle bodies.
    • Mapped ECU.
    • OEM rear brake.
    Pics of what's for sale here: https://photos.app.goo.gl/GYSJSiPATvst6Pye9

The bike is mostly complete except for sprockets and a chain, subframe, front brake lines, tail section, muffler, battery and small items like grips and consumables like pads, tires, etc..

It will need assembly, some fabrication for things like the bodywork and the calipers (or just use stock 2007 calipers).

I suppose an ad like this should some with a story for context. This started as a bike Andy Palmer built for me.

The story of how it came to be is here: http://becausegolfsucks.tumblr.com/post/26090008671/dont-call-it-a-comeback

I raced it once, did three track days on it then it sat.

I put it up for sale here: http://forums.13x.com/index.php?threads/nice-sv650-superbike-socal-4250.335728/

But ultimately decided to keep it.

It bothered me that the radiator was bent, some bolts showed some corrosion and the tail section never fit exactly right. I decided that I'd pull it apart and build my ultimate SV.

I took the bike down to the frame, cleaned everything, replaced all the bearings, put a stock swingarm back on (I sold the ZX6 rear end) and started collecting really nice parts (as is my habit).

With a renovation to my house, work, etc, I've realized that this just isn't getting finished. I spend lots of time on my TTR125 mini motard and that's just fine for me.

I hope my economic folly (and years of indecision) can be someone's gain.

All this stuff is in South Los Angeles and I'm really not willing to ship. I always get hosed on shipping costs when I sell stuff. Happy to meet someone someplace reasonable though.

I'm also happy to part this all out but I'd rather sell it all at once. So let's give it a chance here before we start selling pieces off...

I'm also open to trades so long as they're interesting, don't require me to add cash and they're not modern road race stuff (a green sticker dirt bike, a KLR, DR650 or a vintage thing could be cool).

Let me know if you have any questions.

2. SPATT

SPATT In a gravel pit near you

Willing to deliver to Fresno?

3. CafeRacer

Meet me half way? Bakersfield?

4. SPATT

I live in Ohio and have an office in Fresno. I could arrange to have it shipped east from there. I don't think it would fit in my rental car.

5. CafeRacer

PM sent.

6. CafeRacer

Would also trade for a KTM RC8 SUPERbike but ONLY IF it HAPPENS Today!

7. Chaplain45

Chaplain45 Well-Known Member

I need to make a rip up to la from s Oc to buy some of your stuff

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

8. CafeRacer

9. CafeRacer

Back up top.

10. CafeRacer

Maybe I part this out.

11. Chaplain45

Chaplain45 Well-Known Member

Interested in brake master and radiator.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

12. Tipssy

Tipssy Well-Known Member

so location is CA?

13. CafeRacer

Yup. Los Angeles.

14. rcarson15

rcarson15 Well-Known Member

$100 at woodcraft rearsets

15. The Villain

The Villain Evil Registered user

It will be a tragedy if nobody takes this SV and finishes it. I came excruciatingly close to buying it this week, only passing for personal reasons that have nothing to do with how good a deal it is. And totally randomly, it turns out I've met and ridden with the seller before and he's a stand-up guy. Seriously, I'll be sad if this gets broken into pieces.

16. Scott S.

Scott S. Well-Known Member

How much $$ do you estimate it will cost to complete?

17. CafeRacer

Bike is SOLD (and to the right guy).

18. Scott S.

Scott S. Well-Known Member

Woops Im the wrong guy? Congrats

19. CafeRacer

Don't make it about you Scott.

jasonhise likes this.
  20. SPATT

Thanks. Glad it worked out. I will have a shipper out asap to pick up the remainder of the bike.

Last edited: Jul 30, 2018