1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

$25,573.48

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by Smokes35, Feb 26, 2009.

1. Smokes35

Smokes35 Well-Known Member

Congratulations!!!

The new budget put forth by our new "HOPE HOPE HOPE!" President Obama brings us a deficet of over 1.75TRILLION dollars...

and the budget spends $11,833 per person.... $25,574.48 per tax payer!!!

YIPPIE!

FREE EVERYTHING FOR EVERYONE!!! except for people who ACTUALLY pay taxes...

FML!

2. Smokes35

Oh yeah-- he added a taxt increase of $335billion on small businesses...

YIPPIE AGAIN!

3. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

4. caboose

caboose I love peanut butter!

Not exactly.

The debt would be the sum of the past deficits and surpluses. A quick google told me that in 2001 the US nat'l debt was about $5.5Trillion. So in 8 years of Bush it went up $4.5Trillion or an average deficit of $560Billion per year. Barack's proposed budget deficit of $1.75Trillion is over three times as large as the average deficit during the Bush administration.

Also, that $560Billion figure ignores the contribution of interest so the average deficit would actually be some amount smaller than $560B.

5. Robert

Robert Flies all green 'n buzzin

Stimulus is deficit. What exactly did you expect was going to happen? Now would be the time for GOPers to chime in about the importance of reducing gov't revenues.

6. SGVRider

SGVRider Well-Known Member

My asshole hurts. I think Obama should be called "O'Bubba" from now on. Smokes, you're probably older than me, so be thankful that you'll be dead and free when I'm paying 75% income taxes. :) Do you have children by any chance? Tell them to hightail it to Switzerland. I don't mind speaking Deutsch. I hear Liechtenstein isn't so bad either. I'm jumping like a rat from this sinking ship as soon as I can. The only thing that this "stimulus" has stimulated are the egos and political fortunes of the Democrats.

Last edited: Feb 26, 2009
  7. Buster

Buster Well-Known Member

Obama is also including the cost of the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan in the budget which is something that Bush never did.

8. Triumph#207

Triumph#207 Well-Known Member

Well at least Obama is including the cost of the stupid Iraqi war, estimated to be 3 trillion$ by the time it's over, that Dubya hid under the carpet

9. NossLou

NossLou Well-Known Member

great now he is predicting the costs of wars...one thing that no one has ever managed to do.... guess he really is the messiah.... I try to stay out of political discussions but I was sick of him before he was elected and can't even turn on the news anymore and listen to the BS coming out of his mouth...along with that pelosi twat

10. R Acree

R Acree Banned

I feel so much better being informed of how I am getting screwed.

11. cattitori

cattitori Code SuperBike Galactic *

Yeah, you know, when palletS of cash holding 10s of millions of dollars disappear in Iraq it's hard to estimate the wars. :up:

12. Ian178

Ian178 Well-Known Member

The shit has officially hit the fan. Has anyone read Atlas Shrugged?

13. Buster

Buster Well-Known Member

Your point is ridiculous. You can estimate the costs going forward based on the last several years.

It sounds like you would rather just pretend that we aren't spending any money in Iraq and Afghanistan and continue leaving the expenses out of the budget.

14. Flex Axlerod

Flex Axlerod Banned

15. Triumph#207

Triumph#207 Well-Known Member

Current annual direct cost of the Iraqi war is 150 Billion$. So for 6 years approximate total direct cost would be almost a one Trillion$. Apparently this cost does not include hospital costs and other indirect costs so the true cost of the war would actually be three Trillion$ according to well respected economist Joe Stigliz.

According to Dubya's convoluted logic, the deficit should not include the cost of the Iraqi war.:rolleyes:

Incidently, that idiot Rumsfeld forecast that the total cost of the war would be no more that 50 Billion$.

16. Flex Axlerod

Flex Axlerod Banned

fixed it.

17. Marcmcm

Marcmcm Huge Member

18. Smokes35

Dude... im 27

19. 999

999 Well-Known Member

Lots of people have read it. It is one of the best known mediocre books ever written.

20. 999

999 Well-Known Member

Exactly. The republicans would prefer that "their" presidents hide billions of dollars in expenditures and thousands of deaths from their view while encouraging everyone to "go shopping" after national tragedies.

That's what real presidents do.