1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2024 Supercross

Discussion in 'General' started by Senna, Dec 21, 2023.

1. Senna

Senna Well-Known Member

Yeah these conditions slow the racing down so much that it's not entertaining.

Sexton was impressive. Looked super smooth out there.

2. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

it wasnt the Lawrence Bro Show... but regardless of conditions competitors were racing smart. A 3/4 finish for team Suzuki Roczen/McElrath

backbone and Once a Wanker.. like this.
  3. I didn’t see any safety issue why they’d have to cancel it so run it. No it’s not the same show as a dry track but it brings a whole different dimensions. Heck just managing bike temp is enough of a dimension. Last few laps the carnage sure started with heating issues for some.
    It’s certainly not ideal but I can tell you a lot of non moto people I have communicated with last night and today thought it was awesome. I’m trying to wrap my head around even getting enough air to pull a wheelie let alone jump. I’d have added short skis to my footpegs, maybe lower fork legs. F those ruts :)

4. Senna

Senna Well-Known Member

I'm good with one mud race a year. San Diego is potentially soggy this upcoming weekend. It will suck if that's a mudder as well.

Wouldn't mind seeing Vegas in the first few rounds of the year.

Once a Wanker.. likes this.
  5. This year I’m hitting BHam with the kid (11 year old) next year we will fly somewhere.

6. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

Let me know where the fly away is. We're always up for that type of thing.

7. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

Good lord, stop the whining.

We finished 1-2 on the day...

received_1032074064150553.jpeg

TurboBlew, cpettit, prm and 3 others like this.
  8. COOP 1

COOP 1 Well-Known Member

:stupid:

9. Rising

Rising Well-Known Member

What are the green lights for on the bikes? Does that just denote the lead rider? I don't watch the offroad stuff very often but I've never noticed that before.

10. brex

brex Well-Known Member

Leader, it's a new thing they started during the "playoffs" last year.

TurboBlew, Once a Wanker.. and Senna like this.
  11. stickboy274

stickboy274 Stick-a-licious Tire Dude

This year was just rainy. Last year, I'm pretty sure the city was dealing with flooding. They didn't need to bring people into that.

12. Linker48X

Linker48X Well-Known Member

I thought it was genius. That was a real test of extreme riding skills, with the mud providing one more way to separate the men from the boys, the talented and skilled from everyone else. And one of the worst mud Supercross races ever, right up there with 2008 Daytona when Chad Reed made it 2 turns from the end before his bike failed.

The 3 guys who’ve dominated Supercross in the recent years finished 1-2-3 and it wasn’t a race? And this while other guys were dnfing and wobbling and paddling around? Winning under those conditions took mad skills, hats off to Sexton, Tomac and Roczen.

13. ToofPic

ToofPic Well-Known Member

419480368_1064623721457321_5865144394826926410_n.jpg

My adopted grandson led flag to flag,but got pinched by a lapped rider at the line,and took 2nd place in his first ever Harescramble.His dad won C class.

14. ToofPic

ToofPic Well-Known Member

15. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

All that rain in San Fran made an interesting race.

16. buzz-06

buzz-06 Well-Known Member

I think this was a best possible outcome for Jett. The shot at a perfect season is over, the pressure is off. The world just saw your weakness, you struggled in the mud all night long. Now you can relax and really start to just have fun because that one massive expectation is gone. I don’t foresee sexton hanging onto that points lead for long.

17. Letitsnow

Letitsnow Well-Known Member

I bet Sexton smiled a bit as he bumped Jett while lapping him.

18. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

hundreds of thousands of KTM 300 owners disagree... hehe
    I wouldnt go that far as to predicting anything. Also look where Webb went a lap down...

19. buzz-06

buzz-06 Well-Known Member

Stadiums are different for sure, but watching Jett ride outdoors was something. Cant remember the last time I saw someone put in 3-4 heaters and then just set a pace and cruise to a win weekend after weekend. If he can find that same flow indoors it will be interesting, all im saying.

20. Senna

Senna Well-Known Member

I think the best possible outcome for Jett would have been finishing first. :D