1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2021 NHL Hockey Season

Discussion in 'General' started by grasshopper, Dec 4, 2020.

1. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

FWIW, most of the encounters Wilson has been in with true enforcers don't turn out so well for him. I was watching the game last night, just sad that he blew up when he's actually a skilled player. And I was a little disappointed that Buch didn't pounce on him after he grabbed Panarin and started tossing him like a rag doll. Wilson is laughing right now at the $5K fine...that's just a night out with the boys for him.

2. Ducti89

Ducti89 Ticketing Melka’s dirtbike.....

Kassian can set Wilson right. Honestly, Ive seen worse in 90s hockey than this. Looks like a usual ‘scrum’ to me. Big Z probably knelt down in his face after the game and hopefully told him to look at at the bigger picture.

3. grasshopper

grasshopper Well-Known Member

LOL!!!

upload_2021-5-4_13-21-42.png

Ducti89 likes this.
  4. R1Racer99

R1Racer99 Well-Known Member

Wilson is trash, I can’t believe the league won’t suspend him every time he does this shit. He’s been the dirtiest player for years and still gets away with it for some reason.

5. knedragon29

knedragon29 Well-Known Member

Sad part was no one responded to Martin on Zib 2 games ago and no one responded when Wilson cam back on the ice in this game . Rangers are soft and lack leadership ( still no Captain ) and a coach . Guaranteed nothing happens tomorrow night .

6. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

He needs to pick on someone like Malkin (Baby Huey...:crackup:) and get the fucking roundhouse punch these big guys can deliver.

7. grasshopper

News sources saying Panarin is in fact injured from the incident but no specifics. It did look like he hit his head on the ice

8. Ducti89

Then that will certainly reflect in Wilson’s discipline. Panarin is a great player, one the league will certainly make sure that something like this doesnt happen to again.

9. knedragon29

The NHL already responded , 5k fine

10. grasshopper

I've been playing hockey my whole life. A couple years ago I was playing in a league game and one of our defense men (good hockey playing / big dude) turned around to skate backwards, snagged an edge and fell backwards onto the ice. His helmet was on when he initially hit the ice but popped off from that initial hit. When the helmet popped off because his chin strap was not tight enough his head hit the ice. Blood was coming out of both of his ears and he was knocked out. One of the scariest things I've seen on the ice in the last 30+ years. New baby at home only 9 months old to. Ended up being a small skull fracture and they said it's a good thing his skull did fracture because the blood had somewhere to go. He was back on the ice in less than a year and seems to be okay. We all thought he wasn't going to make it when the EMTs took him away that night. Head injuries are no fucking joke. We all know that as motorcycle racers as well. I went out the next day and bought a new helmet and it was a good reminder to keep that chin strap on tight.

R1Racer99 likes this.
  11. Ducti89

I dont think anything prevents them from going back and applying more discipline as more facts are coming to light about the scrum.

12. rd400racer

Steve Vallequet made a good point on Ranger Nation...if Colton Orr would have been on the ice or even in the arena Wilson would have never pulled his crap. Wilson was scared to death of Orr. Yes, Rangers have loads of skill but no meat. Personally I never cared for the goon game.

13. knedragon29

Not for the goon game but we don't really don't have any grinders what so ever . I always said I'd rather have 3 - 20 goal scorers then a big superstar . Kreider is that guy but he fails to show up for 20 game stints and now has a contract that will hurt in the years to come . I like Breads game but come playoff time he will be obsolete as well as Mika . They are way too soft .

14. rd400racer

Soft is the perfect description of their game now, but I have to keep telling myself that we played in the toughest division this season and barely missed the playoffs...anywhere else and we're either already in or fighting for 4th. Rebuilding sucks but I believe they are on the right path. I'm a Rangers fanatic but my son makes me look tame...he's heard they are bringing up a kid from the minors today to go against Wilson tonight. Whether true or not, I'll be tuned in to see:D

15. grasshopper

Ahhhh shiiiit! Any more details on who they are bringing up?

16. grasshopper

https://theathletic.com/2567004/202...ilson-themselves-but-what-can-they-really-do/

"Maybe one of the poor Rangers will challenge Teflon Tom, the league’s Enabled One, to a fight — and in all likelihood get his ass kicked? Maybe the team will dip down into the minors for a poor sap to do the dirty deed, even if said sap has virtually no hope of ever being a legit NHL contributor?"

They said he's already donated 1.3 million in fines in his 5 year career. LOL

17. rd400racer

It was just a rumor. Supposedly a 6'4", 230 pounder from the AHL but that's been shot down. Now word is there will be no retaliation. All in all, nothing they do now will get them in the playoffs so what does it really matter. Another rumor was why go after Wilson, take out Carlson or Backstrom instead.

Never mind, my son just sent me the three guys they're bringing up...

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 5, 2021
  18. ajcjr

ajcjr Well-Known Member

that is BS, are they waiting for someone to get seriously hurt. I seriously hope he gets his.

19. grasshopper

Bring up OGIE!!!

upload_2021-5-5_11-0-34.png

rd400racer likes this.
  20. knedragon29

In the end they won't do a damn thing . The offseason they will try and hire an enforcer which hasn't worked out for them in a very long time . The difference with Wilson is he can play hockey . These other bums the Rangers sign can hardly skate and take up a roster spot . Smith and Lindgren ( He's not gonna be able to keep dishing it out night and night out ) are about the only scrappy guys we got and they aren't much. They had ADA and blew that by saying he will never skate another game as a Ranger instead of just dropping him in the minors and get something in return for him . Guess what ? Another stupid move by management and another wasted 5 something million in cap hit for the buyout next year . This year alone they paid out $ 13 mil for players not to play ! Still bleed Blue since the late 70's

zjay and rd400racer like this.