1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2019 Tahoe vs 2019 Expedition. Which one should I buy.

Discussion in 'General' started by ineedanap, Feb 8, 2019.

1. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

With the 3rd row in the Ho can barely carry groceries, that being said mine has been out since the day I brought it home and don't miss not having a Burban at all. If you need the seating it folds so room isn't as huge an issue but it'll always be give and take. If however you want to haul 5 people and luggage, get the Suburban.

I love Ford Super Duties but for a car I prefer the Chevy. No Yukon, headlights are fugly.

2. BigBird

BigBird blah

The VW Atlas also had more cubic interior room than a Tahoe by 5 cubic feet.

3. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Cubic don't mean shit if it's just taller :D

4. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

Just heads up.. Many recalls on 2500’s and 3500’s today...

5. roy826ex

roy826ex Been around here a while

I had one early on 3 years ago (it was some bs reflash something, basically nothing) and it was handled when I was in for a free oil change they managed to fuck up, lol.

Since then none, the Jeep we have however has had plenty.

6. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

7. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

8. ineedanap

ineedanap Well-Known Member

Thanks for all the advice everybody. I revisited the Burb discussion with my wife and she is more interested now.

It’ll be the first thing we try when the Grand Cherokee gets out of the shop.

TLR67 likes this.
  9. aboogie973

aboogie973 Well-Known Member

I have been in both. I am not a expedition fan, but the new body styles and performance on them are great. I would go with a Tahoe all day long. If you are looking for a comparison, did you look at the suburban? Prices are far off from the Tahoe. Good luck.

10. SuddenBraking

SuddenBraking The Iron Price

So I’m in the market for a new vehicle and thought I’d check out the Tahoe and see what it’s all about.

Go to Cars.com and sort the list in descending order and the top of the line models are about 100K.

Get the fuck outta here with that shit :crackup:

BigBird and MachineR1 like this.
  11. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I went to Chevys site and couldn't pimp one out with the big motor for more than 75k - who is paying 100???

Funkm05 likes this.
  12. Scotty87

Scotty87 Lacks accountability

13. SuddenBraking

No idea if people are paying this, but here's the top three listings on cars.com - granted I'm on the east coast so perhaps pricing is higher here than where you're searching.

upload_2019-2-10_14-21-42.png

upload_2019-2-10_14-21-54.png

upload_2019-2-10_14-22-12.png

14. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

15. masshole

masshole sixoneseven

That's Escalade money.

16. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I think those are Escalade pimp levels. I didn't add the full pimp to the one I priced out because I'd lose the big motor :D

17. SuddenBraking

I'm looking for a late model vehicle with lots of miles because I put ~2K a year (that's generous) on my DD, and in the northeast the rust will kill the car before the engine can die. So I'm searching cars.com and sorting in descending order from highest miles - where are all these vehicles coming from with a fuckton of miles? Are they traveling salespeople, rental cars, or are they Uber drivers? I'm guessing professional chauffeurs but curious if the BBS had any insight. They're all 2018+ Suburbans and Tahoes with 40K+ miles. Would you buy one of these?

18. HotbodiesRacing

HotbodiesRacing Well-Known Member

Could have bought a Range Rover

19. Steady T

Steady T Xaus Power

Tahoe (because I own one)