1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2019 MotoGP fantasy league

Discussion in 'General' started by dsapsis, Mar 4, 2019.

1. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

Windows
    <ducks>

2. jksoft

jksoft Well-Known Member

From the command prompt, try "ipconfig /flushdns"
    This will clear your local DNS cache. Depending on the issue, it could resolve. I just connected with Comcast and was able to access the site, although from a completely different region of the country.

3. dsapsis

Still no workee. Bizarre but we will get it sorted. I'll take up Dan or the Bird (he owes me honesty from last year, lol) to make my picks for me if I cant get online in time.

If everyone is good with the top 15 picks and its working on the site, that and the 80/15/5% split things were the main elements to get everyone's ok with. If the top 15 is wonky, then top 10 for this round is fine and we try to get it sorted later.

Does motogoat provide a response email confirming your picks? The reason I ask is there needs to be a documentation of input to validate the score given, and I am wondering if that doesn't happen is a screenshot the best way, use the bird form, etc. All these details can be worked out between Qatar and Argentina as long as we get the first race lodged by some sort of means.

I'm working on the player list and x-ref to beeb names now, which also involves an email list. SO stay tuned for an email from me with some info, a list of players, etc. Im going to try to do that this morning, but have a heavy duty assignment today (State Fair beer judging) that will have me away from 10-3 or so, PST. How does everyone feel about a pick cutoff time of midnight EST/9PST? Or does motogoat have an open pick up to XX minutes before race like the old game and we dont have to preset that?

4. Phil Wilkinson

Phil Wilkinson Well-Known Member

Top 15 isn't working for me

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

5. dsapsis

Everyone agree top 10 this round at least?

One other thing -- are people using their beeb handle as their login ID over there. We need to know who is who from player on goat, to here, to me and your real identity/email. Wilkerson -- I know who you are :D

6. motorkas

motorkas Well-Known Member

I just had to go in and redo 11-15. I noticed the glitch yesterday but I just redid it, signed out, signed back in again and they are set.

To El Jefe - any word on when the cut off is? Are we allowed to change our line up after Q1 and Q2 with no penalty or is there a penalty in doing so?

7. motorkas

motorkas Well-Known Member

I used my beeb name - also - do you need a PM from me with my email ect?:D

dsapsis likes this.
  8. Chino52405

Chino52405 Well-Known Member

Mine is same and my name should have been in my PayPal as well - holler if you need anything else from me. Fine with 10 or 15 fwiw.

9. BigBird

BigBird blah

yeah top 15 works now. just verified by clearing cache/cookies or as motorkas suggested, may be just logging out/in.

I believe we'll go with the raw score and not the arbitrary Q1 penalties as that stays true to what the original game was. Hey, the teams still make adjustments to the bike after warmups, so why shouldn't we have all the data too, also weather changes, etc. Don't think there's enough people to vote the other way or have voiced their opinion to change it.

10. Chino52405

Chino52405 Well-Known Member

You still see the line under 10th though right? I can put anyone anywhere, but def see the line under ten even with logout and cookie wipe.

11. dsapsis

OK all caught up with paypal and all names resolved : 19 paid in so far
    Delinquents are:
    badmoon629008
    jonathanp
    metricdevilmoto
    cgordon
    E Reed
    Totally understand if not having the Dorna game causes the change of plan. I will send a note to each of you with the existing plan and logon info to goat site. If you are feeling nervous, maybe play the game the first week to validate, and then appeal to the game for inclusion. No one will win the season based on the first race.

I got you all figured out, holmes.

12. dsapsis

You want me to use this email or the paypal one, or no matter?

13. jksoft

jksoft Well-Known Member

I'm pretty much good with everyone you said @dsapsis.

I am able to order P10-P15 but there is definitely still a line after P10 and it clearly states " Your top 10 prediction for Grand Prix of Qatar"

14. Dan Dubeau

Dan Dubeau Well-Known Member

Says this at the side under latest news.

BigBird likes this.
  15. Phl218

Phl218 .

Do i have to place my bet during q1 to avoid that stupid penalty now?

16. Phl218

Phl218 .

wtf

"Qualifying session has started. Changing a rider's position will only score half the points for that rider!"

17. Dan Dubeau

I thought we were ditching that rule, no?

Phl218 likes this.
  18. Phl218

Phl218 .

hope so.

just because the site said it.

haven't been keeping up here 100%, we are doing excel league now or motogoat?
    excel as backup?

19. Dan Dubeau

motogoat.

Phl218 likes this.
  20. Phl218

Phl218 .

ok.

so i assume the rankings are saved as shuffled. no save button anywhere?