1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2018 WERA Triple Crown - with bonus 4th round!

Discussion in 'Announcements/Information' started by Mongo, Mar 6, 2018.

1. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Since most won't read the schedule thread....

We've added VIR to the Triple Crown this year. Running the details past the crack editing crew now so should have those posted later today or tomorrow.

One thing we have learned after last season. This truly is the best deal if you want to go watch the MotoAmerica races. Rider pass, 3 general admission tickets, RV parking/camping in the paddock, a P1 parking pass. You can't get all that separately for the price (which will go up, have to get final figure from the boss but I think it'll be $300 pre entry).

Schedule will be a little different than last year but still will be 50 minutes practice Friday, 45 minutes in 2 Q sessions Saturday, 15 minute warmup Sunday then the final - which will vary slight in length depending on the track.

New is two classes - 600 and 1000, both Superbike rules. Leaning towards doing the grid based on the overall Q times but the final will be scored separately. Have to think on that a bit more.

Grids will be again done like the MA stuff using their rows and boxes and such. The grid procedure will be what they use for a quick start so it'll be basically our normal setup, 5 board from pitlane, warmup lap to the grid and start.

Pitmom42 and javyday like this.
  2. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

In for Road Atlanta for sure..... Please post the schedule when it comes out... Thanks Sean!

3. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Will do, they're still working out details on the event schedules. I have a feeling with the new classes we won't be done every day by 1-1:30 like last year, may be the last race but it's still totally fun.

4. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

Last race, First race... it doesn't matter to me.... Last Place, First Place that doesn't matter to me either.. I am just thrilled to run in it at the over 50 age....

5. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

6. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

Hey Sean I don't think Stick or James are gonna make it with the CCS conflict.. I talked to both of them about that last weekend at the AHRMA Race.... I plan on bringing my tire machine anyway so those that don't want to use the Dunlop City there I will gladly help them with tire changes as long as they bring the tires with them.....

HEF211 likes this.
  7. Mechdziner714

Mechdziner714 More Gas Less Brakes

QuadrupleCrown.com secured?

8. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Which round(s)? Either way it's not too big a surprise, it's not really worth it for just a handful of riders to bust out everything so I can't blame them a bit. Very cool on your idea and thanks!

Nah, no point, it doesn't flow as a name :D

9. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

Just the Road Atlanta Round..... That's all I asked them about....

10. HEF211

HEF211 Well-Known Member

Sean, when do you foresee pre-registration opening?

11. alan

alan Well-Known Member

Any payouts?

12. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Next week. Maybe over the weekend. Normally I like to have the event schedule up but may not wait for this.

Not sure on details yet sorry but there will be something. Should have some contingency this year as well. This really is more for fun and the killer deal on getting into the race than anything else though.

TLR67 likes this.
  13. No Brakes

No Brakes Well-Known Member

are you going to run the TLR or GSXR?

14. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

GSX-R for sure.... But I will have rains on the TL for weather purposes.... Or I can lend a TL to you to race... :Poke: Cmon Keith!!

No Brakes likes this.
  15. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

Registration is open BTW....

16. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

So - one thing that will really help everyone running even one TC+1 round is a scanner (or programmable radio but be sure you have the transmit channel set to a different freq). MotoAmerica requires them and requires someone to be manning them at all times when your class is on track. They don't do calls or the like over the PA system since that is for the fans so instead they do them over the radio and it works great. The channel is listed in the supplemental regs for each round - usually 456.8125 MHz (12.5 KHz, CSQ Squelch, Receive only) - the bit inside the parans really doesn't mean a lot other than it's a narrow band channel and of course receive only is important if you're using a 2-way radio.

javyday and HEF211 like this.
  17. Pitdad42

Pitdad42 Well-Known Member

Haven't seen anything regarding the end of year payouts. Have I missed it somewhere?

18. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

They'll happen, don't know the amounts off the top of my head.

19. Pitdad42

Pitdad42 Well-Known Member

So..... Can you find out and post it? If I wanted "IDK, don't worry about it", I would have asked Richie Mcgooberpants. (Or whatever you guys are calling him now):Poke:

20. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I didn't realize I had to spell out for you that I would do so in my "I see your message and I'm not ignoring you" polite response....

Next time I'll just ignore it until I have the info :p