1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2018 WERA Schedule

Discussion in 'Announcements/Information' started by Mongo, Nov 30, 2017.

1. BigBird

BigBird blah

back to NJMP!!! awesome. Maybe this year I can finally race!

Tonyp425 likes this.
  2. S Tsotsoros

S Tsotsoros aka General Tso

I put this together to help me plan my season and am posting it here in case someone else might find it useful.

Attached Files:

JJJerry and tawzx12r like this.
  3. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

It's also all in Google Calendar although I need to go through an update it. Should be accurate by the end of this coming week.

4. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

WOOHOO!!! I see its a "N" national weekend,so no "V" vintage. But on those weekends V7-V8 still race......correct? I thought we did,but its been a few years now since I raced WERA. I need to know whether or not I should build a 2nd bike or maybe even a 3rd for some other guys to borrow to race V7-8. Thanks

5. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

All Vintage races that we're running this year will run at all Sportsman/Vintage rounds. Twice on DH weekends.

I'll have the Talladega schedule up later today so people can get an idea of how it'll work.

6. britx303

NJMP is under the Sportsman and National schedules. Seeing it on the Sportsman schedule tells me that NJ will have V7.......but seeing it on the National schedule tells me it won't. Will V7 race that weekend?

7. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yes it will - as will all the other Vintage classes. When a Sportsman and National are combined on the same day all the classes run with the National classes just being slotted in with their Sportsman versions and you get points in both.

Check out the NJMP schedule from last year for the general idea. There will be some differences but it'll give you the overall plan.

8. britx303

Ahhh I see now. Thanks!

9. Bigtow

Bigtow Member

When will the event for Roebling in March be posted? The layout of daily schedules

10. Fuzzy317

Fuzzy317 a Crash Truck near you

I am guessing March 15. :Poke:

:rock:seriously though, it was out around this time last year, so maybe some time this week ?

11. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Got it done yesterday, just waiting for my crack editing crew to finish looking it over.

Bigtow likes this.
  12. Fuzzy317

13. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

14. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I will do a Roebling thread once I have it open for pre entry but this event is a little different in that it's totally separate National classes on Sunday not a double header.

15. dbc105

dbc105 Well-Known Member

Mongo, I've a question about VIR, until I got an email from Jack I didn't realize there would be a vintage class because I figured the event was only a National. Will the VIR races weekends be like this upcoming Roebling or will it be only a National? Never been to VIR and would like to go but don't know if maybe with the new format thee my be a place for me.

Thanks,
    DC

16. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I may sound assholish but I truly don't mean it that way - the easiest way to figure it out is look at the Sportsman schedules. If an event is listed in ANY region then there will be Vintage racing at that event. There is going to be Vintage racing at every single Sportsman round in 2018.

The following applies to the way they are listed in the regions - if it has N2 after it then the sprints are on Sunday and Endurance on Saturday. The Sportsman and National sprint classes will be combined - and yes the Vintage classes will still be run. If it has just an N after it then the Sportsman (including Vintage) sprints will run Saturday and the National classes will run on Sunday - just like the Roebling schedule. This same basic schedule will run at Talladega and Cycle Jam. If it is a DH then you will have Sportsman and Vintage sprints both days.

So if it's a Sportsman round it has Vintage racing for all the Vintage classes we are running this year.

17. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

On the schedule subject - added a fourth round to the Triple Crown at VIR with MotoAmerica May 4-6.

javyday likes this.
  18. dbc105

dbc105 Well-Known Member

LOL, "I may sound assholish" too funny. It's not a problem. Since there is no longer a V out there I just didn't know but that clears it up and is a good thing. There are tracks now VIR, NJ, Gingerman that before were not available to us, I guess I could have gone and entered in Clubman and just been way out classed.

Thanks

19. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yeah it's confusing for sure with the new setup which is why I wanted to go into too much detail on the explanation - but I know when I do that it looks like I'm treating people like they're in kindergarten :D

20. Fuzzy317

Speaking of kindergarten: Mr Mongo, can I have juice instead of milk with my cookies? and when is nap time?