1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2017 Ford f250 gasser

Discussion in 'General' started by casjoker, Jul 7, 2017.

1. casjoker

casjoker Refusing middle age

Sounds like a great deal...pics!

2. gapman789

gapman789 Well-Known Member

My mpg numbers come from the onboard mpg reader on the excursion.

I only know what the computer shows.

I also have a 44 gallon tank 400 mile range when not towing is nice

3. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

That's TERRIBLE. If I had a 44 gallon tank in my Silverado I could drive 800 miles! If I'd had that in my little old Elantra I could have driven 1628 miles!!!

4. Rebel635

Rebel635 Well-Known Member

eeeeew.....my jeep with a 20gallon tank does 600 miles empty, 370 miles towing 5000lbs....

as far as buying a new vehicle. Chrysler is not even in the running. I dont care how good the engine is. the rest of the vehicle will fall apart around it. Just like the Jeep is falling apart around my mercedes diesel.

5. grady anderson

grady anderson Well-Known Member

And if I had a 44 gallon tank on my CBR250 I could go over 3,000 miles.....:p
    But I don't and you don't

That said I think his math may have been off a tad. Or he wisely fills up when he gets down to 1/4 of a tank. ;)

6. Scotty87

Scotty87 Lacks accountability

I hear ya brother. I've just gone for a long time without a car payment that I was having a case of the anxieties lol. I was actually hoping the sales manager wasn't gonna meet my number. :crackup:

7. Scotty87

That' the worst part - It won't be ready until tomorrow, and I have to work, so I don't even get it until Wednesday!

8. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

:crackup:I had to wait 4 days, but they still wanted the money in order to bring it down from Detroit.

"Um, okay... here's a check..."

9. CMRA 270

CMRA 270 Comes here for the latest CMRA gossip

I've had my F250 gas for nearly two years after a 6.0 hotrod/money pit.

Generally speaking, I like the gasser. It's dirt simple and cheap to maintain. Oil changes are easy and simple. No expensive failure modes. It's not a diesel though...no gobs of torque or tire smoking stoplight displays. It DOES tow fine. Just differently than a diesel. It uses RPM's and gear changes. If I were doing it over again, I'd go with 4.30 gears and 5Star tunes to aid throttle response, ad a bit more punch and for overall better driveability.

Gas mileage vs. my diesel is a little less; 12mpg hand calculated with 33"'s, and about 9 towing a large but light trailer. For me, the cost of a diesel just doesn't make sense. YRMV.

10. Scotty87

[​IMG]

Needs wheels and tires, but so far I love it. Thing just glides down the hwy. really impressed with the ride for a 3/4 ton. Makes good torque too, I keep finding myself doing 55 in a 40 and not even noticing it.

casjoker, j cal and Skter505 like this.
  11. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

Here I though you bought a truck?!?!?! Nope, you bought ashortbox. :P

12. Scotty87

What would I need a truck for? I never claimed to be a real man.

13. SpeedyTide

SpeedyTide 'Bama's Bad Boy

Doesn't look like you "need" them. :Poke:

Nice truck BTW. :cool:

14. Scotty87

Oh no, I needs em. I've never put aftermarket wheels/tires on a daily driver before, but these things are just plain ugly. They'll make for a good winter set.

15. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

Besides, if you bought a truck, you'd have to buy a diesel, but at least it would pay for itself.

16. bleacht

bleacht Well-Known Member

Nice truck and congrats:beer:

17. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

Motherfucker, you were given real info.

Do you even race, bro?

CB186 and Scotty87 like this.
  18. Scotty87

It's hermaphrodite truck. 3/4 ton, but gas, and 6'4" bed. I don't care I'm liking it so far and it suits my needs.

And it's nicer than Chad's house, I'm sure. :crackup:

CB186 likes this.
  19. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

Hell, AncientGradys old truck is nicer than my house!

20. casjoker

casjoker Refusing middle age

Solid color choice! Great looking truck and yes the Dodge 2500 rides better than any 3/4 should!