1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2016 NFL Season

Discussion in 'General' started by BigBird, Feb 9, 2016.

1. BigBird

BigBird blah

And the people have spoken...never too early to start this :D

I Got the Giants :D

2. Lawn Dart

Lawn Dart Difficult. With a big D.

Titans will almost double their win count!

oilslinger likes this.
  3. masshole

masshole sixoneseven

Look up who Vegas has as their odds favorite to win in 2016 :D

4. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

It will be the year of the Fin.

5. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

Manning doesn't retire and wins another SB!

6. masshole

masshole sixoneseven

Per Vegas for 2016:

NE 9/1
    Car 10/1
    Sea 11/1
    GB, Pit 12/1
    Ari, Cin, Ind 15/1
    Den 18/1
    Dal 24/1
    KC, Min 25/1
    Phi 35/1
    Bal 38/1
    NYG, NYJ 42/1

I think Ari, Cin and Ind are way too high, Den at 18/1 is too low. Dal anywhere in the top 10 is a joke

7. Mud Whistle

Mud Whistle Get my icebike ON!

Vegas had Carolina -6 in the Super Bowl too :beer:

8. masshole

masshole sixoneseven

Borrowed this from the comments section on Yahoo sports:

During family court a judge asked a child if he wanted to live with his dad, he replied "No he beats me"
    The judge then asked about living with his mother, the boy replied "No she beats me too"
    The frustrated judged asked the boy "Well, where should we send you?"
    The boy replied "Cleveland, they don't beat anybody"

BigBird likes this.
  9. BigBird

BigBird blah

The Giants have the same odds as the Jets..methinks the oddsmaker drink too much

10. dtalbott

dtalbott Driving somewhere, hauling something.

And a ton of money was put on Denver as the weekend went on. Wonder what those betters knew?

11. dtalbott

I'll take Pittsburgh to win (if everybody stays healthy), and the 49er's to make some noise.

ts199 likes this.
  12. Lawn Dart

Vegas isn't stupid. They set the line, then the public moves it. If Carolina was -6, then its because the public money was on Carolina. Like Darrin said, the smart money went to Denver.

Sometimes they do get it wrong, and there's value early in the week, but by week's end, most of the error has been adjusted out. I'm fascinated by how Vegas does it.

13. dtalbott

From what I read, their books were pretty much balanced.

14. Lawn Dart

That's what they go for... If they only received bets on one side, they'd never make any money. That's why the line moves... So, the value prop guys go in early, looking for Vegas mistakes, and the smart money guys go in late, looking for the public to be stupid... What I learned is that most of your high roller professional sports betters go in the late group. Sort of like stock traders, they wait for the public to drive the market one way, and they pick it off from the other side (only if its a good bet). In this case, it was... Too many betting people "knew" Carolina would win...

I also fully believe, like the stock market, there's "inside trading" done in Vegas. Some of these big money guys have NFL contacts and can get inside info you and I don't have.

15. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Dude, we are just done with the 2015 season. How about you give us some time to get over the shit before you start in on 2016? :D

Motogp is coming up, Hockey is kicking ass and even that stupid orange bouncy ball crap is going. Leave the Fooseball until mid summer.

16. Lawn Dart

Speaking of hockey... I missed the Predators/Caps game last night. :(

I wanted to go, but Mr. "I have a Dodge Stratus!" had everybody spun up and I ended up answering emails half the night.

17. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

L to the D to the Pookie P, you ever want to know anything about the Caps, ask Sam. She has the aps, she listens to the games in the car or on her phone if she can't watch the game. She is a full on Caps Hockey nutball. :D

Lawn Dart likes this.
  18. BigBird

BigBird blah

19. Lawn Dart

That's a good woman you've got, Dave... Hockey fan girls are the bestest.

20. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

Great game, I watched it on the NHL feed.

Then again, I'm a Caps fan:D (When they're playing anyone but the Rangers)