1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2015 R1 battery drain

Discussion in 'Tech' started by Triple X, Jul 4, 2016.

1. Triple X

Triple X Well-Known Member

If I leave it sit for 2 weeks the stock battery requires a decent charge time from my batt tender before the red light goes out.
    On any of my other bikes it might take 10 min.
    This one is closer to 30 min.

Anyone else have this issue and an idea what is causing the drain?
    Been that way since new.
    ECU was re-flashed.
    No change.

Thanks

2. Initially it was a re-flash recall because the Ecu was staying on. But then a lot of batteries were bad from the dealership doing bad initial prep or the batteries drained down too far.

3. WANABE RACER

WANABE RACER Well-Known Member

If I didn't keep a tender on mine it would be completely dead in about week or so.

4. emry

emry Can you count? 50 Fucking what?

Do you leave the Key in the Park position?

5. Triple X

That makes sense.
    Thanks.
    I'll check into that.

6. Triple X

Key removed.
    Did it before I track prepped it too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. 12v_dub

12v_dub Well-Known Member

You could still remove it from the ignition if you switched it to Park position which is what drains the battery.

emry likes this.
  8. emry

emry Can you count? 50 Fucking what?

It has nothing to do with the key, just which position you left it in. Or if you did key delete which wires you connected. But it is a small ass OEM battery for a 1k..... I am still surprised at that. Your experience may vary based on ambient temp like any lead-acid battery issue does. When I lived in Phoenix, AZ if you got a year out of a battery you were the shit....I didn't have garage...