1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2013 schedule?

Discussion in 'General' started by Thrillersean, Sep 23, 2012.

1. mmfoor

mmfoor Team Stupid!

Bro, you wanna see packed, come to the vintage festival...
    GNF will be just fine. And don't be pissin' on those clean toilet seats!:D

Once we fire up the grills and uncie, and put on the cheekin, it will be just like Rd A.
    Remember, it's not where the race is, it's where the YO!s and Beasts are!!!:beer:

2. punkadilly

punkadilly Well-Known Member

Will there be the Halloween dress up party again?

3. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Probably...

4. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Hoping for at least one more, not sure yet.

5. KK352

KK352 Well-Known Member

Mongo,
    Is there a high probability that AutoClub will be another Jan round for 2013?

6. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yes there is.

7. RndHoleSqPeg

RndHoleSqPeg Well-Known Member

I was one of those spectators last year, it was my first time going to a WERA race ever. I decided to start racing this year and maybe partly from the fact that I thought it was great crowd and good atmosphere.

I will also agree with Chaotic on something (which I in general never do), I think Road A is way better for spectating than Barber; the esses, 6 & 7, 10 and the paddock are all great place to watch at Road A, the only thing better at Barber is standing in the museum watching the guys come through the roller coaster.

Also my personal request for the schedule next year is:
    1.) To have less Roebling races and more Jennings races. The owners of Roebling obviously don't want us there so why go?
    2.) If we go to NOLA can we do it in a sane month? I have sworn off visiting the Gulf in general in any month past May and before September.
    3.) More races in September and less in Feb/July/August

8. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

1 - based on turnout the riders prefer Roebling.
    2 - Yes.
    3 - we've tried that and turnouts drop.

9. motojoe_23

motojoe_23 The Nephew

Count Me in Please

/subliminal message [​IMG]

10. RndHoleSqPeg

1.) I guess the only way to have an impact on the 2014 schedule is to avoid going to the Roebling rounds next year?

I just don't think in good conscious I could go to that place and give them money via proxy through WERA with the owner's attitude.

Disregarding my preference for supporting vendors that appreciate my business for the moment. This track should be scheduled immediately following or preceding a race at Talladega so that our rear tires feel brand new no matter which track we went to first.

11. joec

joec brace yourself

please dont drop nelson!!!!!! and keep vintage there. though i know this is asking a lot. i just want one last chance to race there. man i love that place.

12. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

Not that I care unless Roebling makes it on to the Endurance calendar, are your problems with RRR documented somewhere so as I can understand your position?

13. tracaddict

tracaddict Well-Known Member

A national series that has a race in each region? Might entice more people across the country in running it.

14. RndHoleSqPeg

Its the only track I have ever been to where they bitch about anything and have a problem with everything. For me its not one particular thing that makes me feel unwanted but it starts with gate times (7:30 or 8?)-10pm (I believe there is a thread about what happens if you jump the fence), being yelled at for pit bike speeds, being yelled at for race bike speeds in the pits, being yelled at for having your dog off leash after being told they could be off leash when racing is done (guilty), being yelled at for someone opening a beer before the very last rider from the very last race is off the track.

15. joec

joec brace yourself

was just looking at results. our 350gp grid was right in there with the rest of the grids for the weekend. and we were a few shorts because of the moto giro going on up north. and i know a few people who are going to barber, so they skipped, and one or two injuries still healing.

ill be dragging another ex wera rider out next season for vintage again. and one will be returning after a one year hiatus.

but the grids are looking better than the last time i checked.

thats good news.

16. :moon:

:D

17. mmfoor

mmfoor Team Stupid!

Sorry but your square peg still ain't fittin'.
    Dogs off leash? Wrong any time dude.
    Excessive speed on a pit bike? Pretty much wrong in any paddock..
    10pm gate time is same as at Tally.
    Drinking before the racing is done? Pretty much the policy everywhere.
    So the proverbial cart before the horse. Do track owners act like ass due to the fore-mentioned conduct of racers in the paddock? Or do racers act like ass cause track management acts like ass because racers.... I'm getting dizzy, but you are on the wrong side of your rant. RRR has become one of the better maintained facilities, and management will leave you alone if you don't act like ass. Lotta ass in my post!

Forgof to mention I've been racing there since 1987 or so, so I have a decent frame of reference.

Last edited: Sep 26, 2012
  18. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

:stupid:

19. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Roebling is owned by the SCCA Buccaneer Region, the people at the track are just employees.

FWIW - I totally understand if that's your choice. I do the same thing when I can.

20. joec

joec brace yourself

i gotta agree with a lot of this...