1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2013 schedule?

Discussion in 'General' started by Thrillersean, Sep 23, 2012.

1. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

Uh you get twice the experience in 1/2 the time. Even if you did 2 races each day...and started the weekend with a new set of tires.

2. cajun636

cajun636 Honda Junkie.

How far is the nearest track and how many other rounds do you make besides that one track?

3. mmfoor

mmfoor Team Stupid!

Double headers are fun, but I worry about the Vintage folk that are excluded.
    That being said, Roebling was a hoot this year with the DH format!!!:up:
    Now that the solos don't pay, maybe the DH is a more viable option for WERA. I'm sure Mongo is crunching the numbers.

4. stymie12000

stymie12000 Well-Known Member

Closest track that WERA races is 275 miles away. I raced 8 rounds this year with roebling being the furthest at 800 miles.

5. Suburbanrancher

Suburbanrancher Chillzilla

I really liked the double-header format this year and abbreviated travel schedule; only downside was the lack of seat time to get dialed in with no solos or practice days.

Awesome would be seeing WERA hook up with a TD org to run the Fridays before DH race weekends.

6. joec

joec brace yourself

a lot of negative chatter about vintage events for next year. i hope just rumors. for now that's where I'm leaning. it was a blast being out there again this weekend. i can't wait to do it again. makes me feel even worse about missing Nelson. seeing the results posted should be interesting as far as numbers and grids are concerned. i thought we had a decent turn out of vintage bikes at summit.

7. stymie12000

I'm fine with one or maybe two dh per region in a season. I like the format and double the experience. However, if we had more dh with the same amount of race weekends, I wouldn't be able to afford to race the series.

I race the series to win and more importantly to go after championships. So if more dh means I cannot afford to make every round then I would have to look at other options, which I don't want to do. I have enjoyed racing with WERA for the last 7 years and would love to enjoy many more.

This is just my .02 cents.

8. cajun636

cajun636 Honda Junkie.

I see. So lets take that average. 800 and 275. What's that like round about 500? Now if you are pulling a trailer, I get 10mpg..Nice even number. Or not pulling a trailer, let's say 15 for shits and gigs. Oh and I'll take the gas prices of a station I just passed. That price was $3.50.

Now for you to pull a trailer. Both ways. There and back. That's 1000 miles. AT $3.50 a gallon for 10 miles a gallon that's 100 gallons used. Times 3.50. $350 dollars in gas.

The equation for 15 mpg is Basically $231.

So using those estimated numbers you are telling me that it is cheaper to drive twice? When you have spent.. What for 8 races at $350 a piece is $2800 in gas to drive to the races as opposed to $1400 by only doing it 4 times....

9. stymie12000

Thank you for telling me how much I spent on gas this season. I never had a clue! :crackup:

10. cajun636

cajun636 Honda Junkie.

Yeah I know. Sucks lol AFter I did the calculations I was like WTF!?!? I guess that's why they say never add up all your race expenses.

11. mmfoor

mmfoor Team Stupid!

Vintage is cool down here in the SE, cept for the V6 and V7 high HP dudes!:D

12. cav115

cav115 Well-Known Member

This.

Missed half season this year due to injury.

Ready to race!

13. njracer

njracer Well-Known Member

NJMP??? PLEASE do an event or two!!!:up:

14. 675AV8R

675AV8R Jetski Extraordinaire

In order to jack up the prices on his continuing quest to destroy road racing.

15. stymie12000

Think of all the nice things you could by the girlfriend/wifey with that money!

16. cajun636

cajun636 Honda Junkie.

Oh I know that's how they see it lol

17. gpracer15

gpracer15 Built to Ride

hoping for double headers again and the return of CMP and GNF at Road A...

18. vonstallin

vonstallin Я - Ребенок Люциферов

I like the Solo weekend more than the DH, but that's me. The NE/Mid Atl schedule this season was good (more summit & more VIR).

What would it take to bring back the 6 hour Endurance at summit point? that might be my only request as far as the schedule goes.
    This weekend allot of talk was going on about missing it and feeling empty. This might encourage more teams to voice out and run it 2013.

Oh, and since wera dates are sorta solid for the past few years...tell the other guys to not have races on the same weekend...that way racers can attend both vs. choose.

19. Putter

Putter Ain't too proud to beg

:Off:

Mo, were you at Miami this weekend?

20. nikk777

nikk777 Well-Known Member

The southeast schedule seemed to burn me out trying to make every round...there was an 8 week stretch where I was racing 6 of the 8 weekends... Throw in some crashes and that was a hard pressed time. Felt more like work than fun. So I might request that the dates be more evenly distributed...