1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2013 Miller Motorsports Park and Mid-Ohio Information

Discussion in 'General' started by Mongo, Jun 4, 2013.

1. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

- Each rider will be charged an additional $40.00 at Registration (those of you who pre-enter be ready to pay this credential fee when you pick up your Registration papers). You will receive two (2) wristbands for the weekend with your entry. If you/your team require more credentials they will be available at Registration for $20.00 each. Both of the above tracks have a different system in place at the front gate and this will eliminate any issues with credentials for WERA Motorcycle Roadracing participants. Once you have your credential you will be allowed in and out with no hassle.
    -The minimum age for Minors at Mid-Ohio for our event will be 13 years of age – if you are between 13 and 18 and planning to attend at Mid-Ohio you MUST get a Minor Release from the track http://www.midohio.com/ and get it to them prior to the event. You will need to do the normal Minor Release Waiver for WERA Motorcycle Roadracing as well which can be handled at the track
    -Garages are available for Mid-Ohio on a reservation basis they are $75.00 per day and can be reserved in advance and paid for at the event. Please call WERA (770)720-5010 or e-mail [email protected] to reserve your garage if you want one for the July 17/18 event. VMD reservations are through the AMA. Garages for Miller Motorsports Park need to be reserved via the track [email protected].

Thank-you and see you at the races!

2. cBJr

cBJr Well-Known Member

What will be used to get in the gate the first time before going to registration? I guess at MidOhio registration is outside the gate, but aren't there typically limited hours for registation?

3. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Sign a waiver at the gate. Registration at both venues is inside the track. It'll be in the tech garages at Mid Ohio (VMD registration will be outside as normal).

4. some guy #2

some guy #2 Well-Known Member

Is this for just the VMD and/or the Wed-Thurs double header round for Mid Ohio?

5. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Just the WERA races, VMD is all AMA's deal.

6. hotnail

hotnail Well-Known Member

If I understand this correctly.....I can register for all WERA racing at the track for Mid-O? Also, do you offer a single event license or do I need to buy a complete 2013 license to run this event? Thx.

7. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

You will be able to enter at the track and we do offer a weekend license for $30.

8. hotnail

hotnail Well-Known Member

Fantastic! Thx, see you there Tuesday afternoon!

9. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

10. cBJr

cBJr Well-Known Member

Are they making everyone clear out of the pits on Thursday night, or can we just go get new wristbands Friday morning if we're staying?

11. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

You'll be able to go get your AMA credentials starting Thursday afternoon.

12. Yamaha Fan

Yamaha Fan Well-Known Member

Sean, at one point there was a class cross over chart between WERA classes and AMA. can you post that or direct to the thread? or maybe it is better to just ask. Are there crossover for WERA points in F-2 stroke and V5? TIA.

13. Yamaha Fan

Vintage Class structure

Well after using advanced search and getting to the 4th linked thread I found to original cross reference from 2011, chime in if you know changes:

WERA Classes paying points at VMD

125cc GP = Formula GP LW
    250GP = Grand Prix 250
    350GP = Grand Prix 350
    500GP = Grand Prix 500
    Formula 2 Expert = Formula GP HW
    Formula 500 = 70’s GP 500
    Heavyweight Twins Superbike Ex = Mega Twins & Triples
    Lightweight Twins Superbike Ex = Stars MW
    Lightweight Twins Superbike Nv = Stars MW Nv (mark Nv on the AMA form and I’ll figure it out - you will be gridded in your own race)
    Lightweight Twins Superstock Ex = Stars LW
    Lightweight Twins Superstock Nv = Stars LW Nv (same setup as Stars MW Nv)
    V1 = 70’s GP 250
    V2 = Clubman 500
    V3 = 70’s GP 750
    V4 = Original Superbike MW
    V5 = Original Superbike HW
    V6 Heavyweight = Gen X Superbike HW
    V6 Lightweight = Gen X Superbike LW
    V7 Heavyweight = 90’s Superbike
    V7 Mediumweight = 90’s Supersport

VMD Classes not paying WERA Points

Pre War
    Class C Foot Shift
    Class C Hand Shift
    Grand Prix 125
    Vintage 50’s
    Euro-American Twins
    70’s Vintage Challenge
    Clubman 750
    Clubman 350
    70’s GP 125
    Novice GP LW
    Novice GP HW
    Original Superbike LW
    Stars HW
    Formula Singles
    Side Car
    Stars Thruxton

14. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I'm pretty sure that's the most up to date list, I was changing it to keep it current.

15. Yamaha Fan

Thanks Sean! any chance of a F-2 stroke fit? (or did I miss it?) trying to put together several guys going up and that is the missing connection.

16. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

No idea.

17. uswjmc22

uswjmc22 Obfusc8

Trying to figure out what class to enter
    with a WERA Clubman bike.

Since VMD is 'the AMA's show' should I contact them?
    Or just talk to our own WERA staff at the track?

18. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Depends on the clubman bike. What have you got and did you check the cheat sheet above?

19. Rich Graver

Rich Graver Well-Known Member

What bike is it? Mongo beat me

Last edited: Jun 10, 2013
  20. uswjmc22

uswjmc22 Obfusc8

Rich! Long time no see!
    I'm using an Aprilia motard engine (2 cyl, 550cc)
    and built a road chassis around it.

BTW, are you going to bring your GS out some time this year?
    Was hoping you might ride at PIRC in September.