1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2012 Mercedes Sprinter High Roof 144" Passenger

Discussion in 'Other' started by cBJr, Jul 26, 2023.

1. cBJr

cBJr Well-Known Member

$28,000
    Located in Georgetown, KY

2012 Mercedes Sprinter 2500 (Single Rear Wheel)
    144" Wheelbase
    High Roof (6'2 guys can stand up inside, not sure where the limit is above that)
    Passenger Model (12 person, 3 rows of benches, not commercial vehicle, full windows)
    ~150k Miles (I've owned since ~90k miles)
    Custom built Queen sized bed system
    - telescoping rails to adjust for width change at different heights
    - Low setting: room underneath for MTB with front wheel removed (tons of headroom)
    - Medium setting: clearance for R6 racebike (5'8"stud can sit up in bed without hitting head)
    - High setting: clearance for KTM500 with handlebars flipped upside down (can turn over in bed, but cannot sit up)
    Custom built simple wheelwell gear box
    Custom built simple window shades (attached with magnets)
    All original roof panels and benches included
    Rear Heat/AC
    Factory diesel heater (liquid heater to supply more heat to engine for faster heating, not air to air style that can be run with the engine off)

Full price offers include the following
    - MaxxFan Deluxe Remote Control RV Ventilator System, Smoke Lid (brand new, never mounted)
    - Goal Zero Yeti 500X
    - Goal Zero Boulder 100 solar panel
    - Whynter FM-45G 45Q Portable Refrigerator AC 110V/DC 12V True Freezer
    - Windshield/Front Windows cover (front windows roll up with mesh screen covers for ventilation)
    - PitBull TRS Trailer Restraint System
    - Small dresser/organizer (used to store camping gear, bolts to wall to hold in place)
    - Queen sized 5" memory foam mattress

I love this van, but I'm moving to Japan for a couple years and can't stand the idea of letting this sit for that long. I bought it because I don't have any room to keep a trailer at my house and got tired of skipping events because of not having an easy way to transport stuff and still be able to sleep at the track or on the way. Basically, my requirement is to be able to stop halfway on the way to/from the races and be able to hop in the back to sleep whenever. What I didn't realize is how much time I'd save. Being able to set the cruise at 80 MPH and not stop for 360->380 miles made a huge difference in travel times. In my F250/toy hauler setup, it would take 8+hours to Barber, where this would make it in 6.5hr. ~18MPG on the interstate @80MPH.

The Passenger model has a lot of benefits, if you want them. It's nice having rear windows, so you can carry passengers comfortably. I'd throw the benches back into it and use it as a party bus if we had a group going somewhere, and we'd only need one DD. We took a trip to the Outer Banks with 4 adults, an infant, and 3 dogs, with a ridiculous amount of luggage/supplies for a week at the beach and were perfectly comfortable the whole trip. On a normal day, I have the bed out and it's a quick/easy carrier for my dirtbikes and mountain bikes. With the rear step, I don't even need a second ramp to get a motorcycle in the back. The PitBull TRS is bolted through the floor and it great for quick loading and ease of mind. The 144" model is smaller than my old F250, and it's much easier to drive on a regular basis.

Available for sale August 8th->28th (currently in use)

Pics:
    high setting
    upload_2023-7-26_19-26-55.png

medium setting
    upload_2023-7-26_19-28-53.png

medium setting head clearance
    upload_2023-7-26_19-30-9.png

upload_2023-7-26_19-31-15.png
    upload_2023-7-26_19-31-35.png
    upload_2023-7-26_19-33-8.png
    upload_2023-7-26_19-34-1.png
    upload_2023-7-26_19-34-33.png
    upload_2023-7-26_19-34-50.png

Attached Files:

2. SuddenBraking

SuddenBraking The Iron Price

That's awesome.

3. cBJr

cBJr Well-Known Member

4. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

What are the vertical brackets for the bed?

5. cBJr

cBJr Well-Known Member

Unistrut

noles19 likes this.
  6. Mechdziner714

Mechdziner714 More Gas Less Brakes

Sweet ride, GLWS
    How much for the KTM500? :beer:
    Damn things are not easy to find....

7. cBJr

cBJr Well-Known Member

Thanks
    I actually sold it off a few days ago. Made some guy a crazy good deal on my 525rfs supermoto and that 500 xcfw and a ton of spares as one big package.