1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2012 KTM RC8R Race Spec SUPERBIKE

Discussion in 'Bikes for Sale' started by TheRealFox, Feb 6, 2018.

1. TheRealFox

TheRealFox Well-Known Member

I knocked another $1,000 off, I need this sold in 14 days!!!
    $11,600 does NOT include Shipping

2. TheRealFox

A STEAL of a DEAL!!! (NO Included Shipping or Handling, that's on buyer)

$9,600 for the Bike with Stands ONLY including Rapid Bike and Lap Timer (Bike as Pictured, NO extras/spares/Garmin)

$10,100 gets EVERYTHING Listed Above, including Spares, extras, Garmin

******************$9,600 is for Bike as equipped in pics, with Stands ONLY NO EXTRAS **********************

3. TheRealFox

PRICE ABOVE IS NOT VALID...I HAD 3 DAYS for emergency cash needed, that has come and gone. The price below is bottom dollar, no exceptions....I'll just keep it myself otherwise.

$11,600 gets everything but free delivery, by comparison, there's another beautiful RC8R RS on the Board, not sure why he painted black though?! But still, he's got it priced so low, I'm about to buy it LOL...
    but here's the reason I won't; it doesn't have my factory race cams!!! Look, it was TOUGH to race when I first had it, it would head shake my feet off the pegs if I approached 9,800 rpms, or if I exceeded 117 mph. Fortunately for me, the local KTM Expert got me an Ohlins steering damper PLUS helped me dial in suspension, then the issue was just how hard the power hits when it hits power band!!! Then he sold me the KTM Factory race cams, and the Dyno Jet with auto-tune, and it made ALL the difference in the world! Fact of the matter was, when I had my infamous 87 mph high-side at TWS (as seen on my YouTube Channel from hitting a "tar snake" {READ: boiling oil slick}), I was thinking I'd win that race in Hwt Twins, I was in 3rd when I went down. Anyway, it took me a couple years to find the courage to remount this Superbike. Now at my favorite track, PIR (in Portland, Oregon), she is AMAZING to race, that is until it rained, and I got scared. However, I still raced on Mother's Day and did fairly well actually. After that though, I insisted that EDR take off Dyno Jet and put full Rapid Bike System on, and re-tune, Rapid bike added TC, AT, Shifting points, Shifting stiffness, Engine Mgmt, EB, and several other features, now this bike is on par with Ducati electronics including Launch Control. ONLY thing lacking would be a clutchless downshift, but I've heard even factory units can be harsh and a PITA, so glad I don't maybe?! (95 rw-lb-ft; 176 rwhp on PUMP gas)

BOTTOM-LINE is this.... the main reason a lot of these get undersold is they're difficult to ride HARD, the way they come from the Austrian Factory (keeping in mind, two Pro Riders down in Texas region have 9-13 different track records on these Race Spec bikes, but they LOVE how it tries to pull your arms off LOL) HOWEVER if you're a mere mortal like me, if you have a PRO sort them out PLUS add Race Cams, like I have, they become a JOY to race!!!

My ONLY regret is Lack of Funds LOL, and weighing 268 lbs!!! Also, this has the one off WP Factory rear shock, made for Chris Fillmore's AMA campaigns with HMC. This cost me rebuilt (directly from HMC) $3,800 last July, so I'm guessing new would be at least $10k to duplicate it!!! And I have several different springs for whoever buys this to choose from.

Make this race bike your exotic race bike, if you're serious, call me any day between 7am-10pm and ask me to go start it over the phone for you, first time, EVERY time, Renee fires immediately!!! ONLY 1,548 miles too

Last edited: Jun 4, 2018
  4. ekraft84

ekraft84 Registered User

This thread has turned into a well-crafted story, full of ups and downs - trial and tribulations. Hooks and catches.. it delivers every time.

I cannot wait for the end to this delicious tale! :D

shakazulu12, boxcrash, Rogue4 and 2 others like this.
  5. WANABE RACER

WANABE RACER Well-Known Member

Bad thing is I keep looking at it lol

6. TheRealFox

Possibly the coolest comment ever thrown in my direction LOL *nominated comment to win the internet today ;)

7. TheRealFox

I can ONLY imagine how beautiful 777 would look on Renee?! If you think she loves double digits, how about the "queen of all numbers"...Seven, Seven, Seven? Pretty sure Heaven's address is "777 Pearly Gates"?!

Victor likes this.
  8. TheRealFox

Here's my 2nd day, 1st lap, 2nd session when Renee was brand spanking new, notice er uh count how many headshakes in 2m 30s LOL

Then watch at Portland last season....where, I might add, had a rear spring for a 150 lb rider LOL

9. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

The colors! The colors! :D

10. boxcrash

boxcrash Loading.....Please Wait

Yeah this thread........man this thing would move with my little 145-148 lbs self on it.........too bad I am too slow and far too unskilled to put it to any good use. Also there is the issue of not having the funds to afford to buy this beauty, but boy would I have a permanent smile ear to ear going 35mph in Novice class around NCM or Barber on this thing :)

11. TheRealFox

At this point in time, the KTM is off the market, she may or may not be available the first week of October, but as of right now, I'm keeping her for the duration of the OMRRA season ;) thanks for all the fantastic comments and PMs!!! Peace!!!

12. ekraft84

ekraft84 Registered User

I am saddened, that THIS THREAD will be ending.

418 likes this.
  13. shakazulu12

shakazulu12 Well-Known Member

LMFAO!

This thread will never end.

[​IMG]