1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2012 Kawasaki ZX-6R race bike

Discussion in 'Bikes for Sale' started by probert, Jan 26, 2016.

1. probert

probert Well-Known Member

Anybody looking for a great well built clean middleweight race bike? Have title. Shipping availabe. Won't be disappointed.

2. probert

WEEKEND BUMP!

3. probert

Need to sell, I bought a ultralight bike for this year. I know what I have and know its very well set up and ready to race, needs nothing. Only reason for selling is not skilled enough to race middleweight. Pictures don't do this bike justice. Its clean and needs nothing. Still taking lightweight trades and shipping available. If this bike is not as clean and well setup as expected I will no hold you to the purchase. I have a lot of confidence with this bike and the build is as solid as they come. Set up for durability.. Yes its fast also.

4. probert

Sorry guy's I was out of town for a couple days. All P/M's responded to. Thanks

5. probert

bump this bike is in great condition and ready to go for the race season.

6. probert

I am actually debating on raising the price or parting out. I would hate to part out because its such a good build for somebody and in great condition but from what I have seen less options and not as good condition race bikes selling for same or more money really makes me wonder. A buyer from this bike will not be disappointed with anything on this bike. If your thinking about trading me something hurry because I am about to pull the trigger on an SV.

7. probert

If I decide to part out any interest in motor, fast frank quick change kit, extra rims, 2 brand new sets of Dunlop supersport tires etc? Top of line parts installed on this bike. I have over 15k in last two years in this build. Thanks.

8. Will9465

Will9465 Well-Known Member

If it's still for sale by the end of summer I will buy. I know a long time from now but just saying. I have to sell my 08 gsxr 1k first.

9. probert

I am thinking of just letting it sit this year and race my ultralight. I would hate to part out this beauty its too nice. Call me when you are ready 701/541-2314

10. probert

Just pulled out of garage yesterday and started right up, its ready to go turn key race bike with title..

11. sbk1198

sbk1198 Well-Known Member

Not trying to crap on your thread here, but my guess is the reason you haven't sold it yet is because of the price you're asking. I saw this one months ago when I was in the market for one and bought my zx6r (same gen) for $4k, with 3100 miles, clean title. Granted mine has a stock motor, but it has most of the mods yours does plus a few extras like full Ohlins suspension, Carrozzeria forged wheels, STM clutch, etc. I've seen some that are equivalent to this sit around for months when people were asking around $6k for them. You'd probably be better off parting it out if you want to get rid of it, otherwise need to lower the price by a significant amount.

12. probert

So what your telling me is my 2012 zx6 is worth $4,000.00 and a 2009 r6 is worth $7,000.00? Something is not adding up for me. I think $7,200.00 for this build is a very good price.

13. sbk1198

sbk1198 Well-Known Member

When did I say anything about R6's?? I'm just saying there have been quite a few other examples of similarly built bikes as yours that sold for much less and that's why most people aren't willing to pay over $7k for one....that includes R6's, CBR's, GSXR's, etc. And that's why I mentioned you might be better off parting it out. When the time comes to get rid of mine that's probably what I'll do because the amount of aftermarket parts I have on I can sell for more than I paid for the whole bike.

14. JTRC51

JTRC51 El Speedy Gonzalez

Some folks get lucky, and SBK was one of them, $4K for a ZX6R with all those goodies is pretty unheard of and I have yet to see another - you got a great steal! But that shouldn't be indicative of what his bike (or others similar) should bring.

I know for a fact I would NEVER sell mine for that. OP can decide what his bottom line price is but with the exception of a mostly stock front end, the bike is pretty well built

15. Evil Cupcake

Evil Cupcake Active Member

Bike is well worth every bit of 7200.00 GL with the sale

16. probert

I appreciate it thanks. I am very happy with the build. A lot of time and money invested. Thanks

Will9465 likes this.
  17. tawzx12r

tawzx12r Influencer to none

I think it's location.... not price. If that sucker was on one of the coast lines... It would had been gone long ago....

18. IanM

IanM Active Member

Maybe presentation too.

I looked at the bike as I'm looking at a ZX 636 and saw the snow and the outside pictures and it got me thinking about salted roads, potential bike degradation, was the bike kept outside, was there cold damage, etc. The bike has clearly been well built and maintained but your picture may suggest otherwise and could be potentially off putting to prospective purchasers.

I bet if you took a few pics of it on a bike stand in a clean garage it'd go pretty quickly too..

Just sayin.

19. probert

Actually I get what your saying. I have never rode bike on streets. It's in near perfect condition. It would be hard to find a cleaner bike. Always stored in heated shop in winter up here. The only cosmetic flaw on bike is dent on muffler. I change oil go through bike after every weekend. Bugs are cleaned and bike gets waxed after each race weekend.

20. probert

The bike is clean and no expense spared. I would give 100% money back if you bought and I misrepresented in any way. There are no mechanical issues no cosmetic issues not even rock chips.