1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2011 Kawasaki ZX10-R: WSBK Version (Pic's)

Discussion in 'General' started by vonstallin, Sep 2, 2010.

1. brand-o

brand-o Well-Known Member

Pretty cool how they flipped the swingarm upside down. Lower CG? I guess every little bit helps.

2. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

That seems to be the standard now in GP and Moto2. What's funny is that it started with the 04 R1 but only so they could fit their underseat exhaust in there.

3. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Methinks the TLR preceded the R1 with bottom bracing on the swingarm.

4. tropicoz

tropicoz Well-Known Member

As sweet as it looks, the only way for it to be a true contender would be to let Shervin have his hand at it.

5. Lee#144

Lee#144 Track Newbie

:clap:
    The shock position looks similar to the tlr also

6. tophyr

tophyr Grid Filler

Not sure about the linkage design. It doesn't look like the swingarm can travel very far up before things start to hit each other. Leverage looks like it would be more progressive on the the extended side than the compressed side (ie you approach more of a linear leverage graph the further you compress the system). Don't know if that's good or not.. I can only assume (hope?) the engineers are smarter than me, heh :)

7. Chango

Chango Something clever!

The Showa BPF seems to be working well enough on the 6R. Maybe it will work as well on the 10R.