1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2011 GSXR 600/750; length of hose for remote reservoir Penske?

Discussion in 'Tech' started by mtmansl, Nov 29, 2013.

1. mtmansl

mtmansl Well-Known Member

Does anybody have a remote reservoir Penske shock for a 2011 GSXR 600/750? I am having a shock modified, and need a measurement on the length of hose between the damper, and reservoir. Thanks in advance...

2. metricdevilmoto

metricdevilmoto Just forking around

Whoever is doing the refresh should be able to get the measurement from the Penske build sheet. I'd help, but I'm not in the shop today.

Also, the length of the hose has nothing to do with shock performance, so it can be made whatever length you want to accommodate whatever mounting option you want.

3. mtmansl

It's not a Penske, and I know that the hose length has nothing to do with the performance of the damper. I currently don't have the bike in front of me, and he asked me for a hose length...

4. metricdevilmoto

metricdevilmoto Just forking around

I'm sure you see why I thought it was.

5. mtmansl

I know, just figured someone would have one and needed a reference. Sorry for any confusion, I just need a length, so I don't guess wrong...

6. RubberChicken

RubberChicken PimpMasterT

Dummy it up with a piece of 1/4" rubber fuel hose to determine the length.

7. mtmansl

I don't currently have access to the bike...

8. Mr Sunshine

Mr Sunshine Banned

The guy doing the building doesn't also do Penske?

9. mtmansl

10. Vstate60

Vstate60 Jaspon&Armas, PA

With it knurled up because of it being mounted, and without taking the time to take it off the bike, 7" is what it looks like. I have no idea why you'd want an exact measurement on this but I'd roll with that number.
    If it comes off at the track tomorrow I'll give you an exact!

11. mtmansl

Thanks man, I appreciate the help. I didn't state that I needed an exact measurement...

Last edited: Dec 1, 2013