1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2009 Yamahas

Discussion in 'General' started by dtalbott, Sep 8, 2008.

1. Apollo JD

Apollo JD Ninja Cat

Why does Yamaha cling to big funky turn signals? Put it in the mirror or more flush with the side already.

2. gpstar748

gpstar748 Well-Known Member

so the intake air runners are part of the headlight area??

i am excited to see one of these in full race trim :clap:

3. SalKhan

SalKhan Well-Known Member

Kawasaki is on the phone from 2006, they want their tail section back.

4. 976-FIZR

976-FIZR In transition...

:Puke: If the FZ6R's not a vomit comet, I don't know what is.

On the 'R': The seat height looks lower (but probably isn't), the fairing goes from a 1/4 to a 3/4, changed the exhaust from undertail to under engine (big friggin' catalyst in front of the rear tire :eek: ), the rear set & passenger peg arrangement looks much larger & bulkier (but is probably lighter), totally different frame (engine a stressed member?), narrower front profile, including the wind screen; no twin headlights, looks like one big light now; the bike over all looks like a GS500F, mirror stalks look longer (s'bout time)...

Really, that passenger seat & subframe just looks pathetic. Way too small for the proportions of the rest of the bike, considering how high the gas tank rises up. It's not at all a sport-tourer any more, really... just an upright sportbike? Is there a such thing?

I heard told stories of a small-bore sportbike -a la the Ninjette- from Yamaha this year. <sigh> Oh, well.

-HJK

5. Mr Sunshine

Mr Sunshine Banned

It isn't a big bang motor and the RC45 has had a big bang motor for some serious time. So this isn't new on a street bike.

6. gpstar748

why didnt they redesign the R6........

7. bcc

bcc painter /fabricator

sort of like a sewing machine

http://www.yamaha-motor.com/sport/msite/micro_v1.aspx

im sure without the tree hugger pipes it will sound a lot better.Now all it needs is a dry clutch and your all set to race with rossi.

8. Chip

Chip Registered

It did?

9. vonstallin

vonstallin Я - Ребенок Люциферов

Um...guys....
    Every since the 2006 and even moreso with the 2008 I have always said the kaw ZX10R is the ugliest bike by far...

My bike looks like a ratts ass..Im just a Kaw fan and they make decent improvments every gen...but it gets uglier and uglier every time.

R1 was by far the prettiest bike out...and I like looking at it. but now she seems more pupose built vs a bike a posser wants.

I welcome the R1 into the Ugly Betty club...zx10's are rear around my way..track and street.

Its ugly hands down, but i still like it...sort of like ugly Betty on TV she is sort of cute...'
    lol

leave me alone yall! haa haa

10. Sig

Sig Well-Known Member

because it was redesigned for '08?

11. GAMBLER

GAMBLER Neard supporter

left fork compression damping and right side rebound damping
    a firing order of 270° –180° – 90° – 180°
    balancer rotates in the opposite direction of crank
    has the Zook SDMS crappola
    finally adjustable rear sets
    slipper, nice
    styling... ho hum... 04/06 best looking R1

dyno sheet please!

12. gpstar748

performance wise........not so much aesthetically

13. benprobst

benprobst Well-Known Member

Ive been thinking about racing one of these next season. Ive never done the brand new bike deal before, when do the aftermarket companies normally start getting the parts in. Things like exhaust, bodywork, fork internals/shocks etc....

14. gpstar748

usually there's the backorder crap and other hurdles you have jump

there are many people that show up with a pretty much bone stock bike other than the lucky few who have race plastic already

this only applies to the racers who hit the march/april stuff from what Ive seen

but again.........thats only from my experience

15. SVbadguy

SVbadguy I survived the Mt Course

It sounds like a V-4 and will have the same power delivery characteristics.

16. GAMBLER

GAMBLER Neard supporter

weight?

17. benprobst

benprobst Well-Known Member

18. Chip

Chip Registered

Have you heard it? Does it really sound like a V4? When did you ride it?

19. Strick

Strick Good to be king

Easy Chip.........he didn't say anything about it's midrange.

20. Paige

Paige BBS FF Champ