1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2009 R6... Ready For Serious Racing

Discussion in 'Bikes for Sale' started by G.Rand, Oct 29, 2017.

1. G.Rand

G.Rand Well-Known Member

Yamaha 2009 R6

Title: MSO, paperwork in hand

Motor: In early 2015, the motor sucked a valve and had to be rebuilt. In the re-build, the head was replaced. A new head was flown to the UK to Tim Radley (BSB builder) for porting. The new motor was built by Rocky Stargel and has just 1 trackday weekend on it and is FRESH (this was a “B” bike for the current owner). Below is a list of parts involved in the current motor build:

· New Head – ported by Tim Radley (UK )
    · New Cases / block
    · New OEM valves and valve guides
    · New OEM Pistons, rings
    · YEC Valve Springs
    · YEC Racing Alternator
    · Pankl Titanium connecting rods
    · Porter Cams
    · STM Slipper Clutch
    · New crank and rod bearings
    · Graves Camshaft Gear
    · OEM cam chain tensioner
    · YEC Head gasket
    · YEC Airbox / Adjustable Intake Stacks
    · Misc. gaskets, shims, covers, etc.
    · Samco Hoses
    · Graves Ignition Cover
    · Graves Smog Block Off Plates

Electronics:

· Bazzaz Traction Control, air/fuel mapping, Quickshifter
    · CABS Auto-Blip
    · Alien Motion Racing Battery
    · YEC Wiring Harness
    · YEC ECU

Chassis, Suspension, Brakes, Etc:

· K-Tech 20DDS Gas Forks
    · K-Tech 35 DDS Rear Shock
    · Marvic Piuma Magnesium wheels (includes 1 spare rear wheel and extra sprocket carriers)
    · Brembo HP polished nickel calipers
    · Brembo RCS 19 Master
    · Braking SBK Front Brake Discs
    · Braking Rear Brake Disc
    · GPR Steering Stabilizer
    · CRG Clutch Lever/Perch
    · Graves Rearsets
    · Graves Full Ti Exhaust system
    · Woodcraft Lever Guards
    · Sharkskinz Bodywork with SB Tail
    · CF Frame Guards
    · SBK Radiator Extension
    · DID ERV3 Chain

The fuel tank is dented on the left side – this is a cosmetic issue only and can be easily repaired/replaced by the new owner. Dented tank aside, this is a spectacular build and whoever buys this will be getting a fantastic bike. Motor is fresh, strong, starts easily. Again, there is only 1 trackday on the new motor -- it is FRESH from top to bottom. Bike is located in Los Angeles. I have pics of the motor rebuild with all parts mentioned above (you will not have a Carillo rod episode with me).

Price: 13,900.00 OBO

Contact: Gregg Rand (323) 646-2004 / email: [email protected]
    IMG_2457.jpg IMG_2462.jpg IMG_2444.jpg IMG_2453.jpg IMG_2494.jpg IMG_2497.jpg IMG_2496.jpg R6.JPG

2. G.Rand

G.Rand Well-Known Member

3. G.Rand

G.Rand Well-Known Member

Includes 1 extra Marvic Piuma Magnesium rear wheel and sprocket carrier, as well as 3 sets of fork springs supplied by K-Tech with the 20DDS Gas Forks (one set installed in bike, 2 extra sets pictured).

4. socal

socal Well-Known Member

Bump for a good guy and a kick ass bike!

5. Houston hb

Houston hb Well-Known Member

HP number graph anything?

6. G.Rand

G.Rand Well-Known Member

Unfortunately, the dynograph is in Rocky's phone .... that was recently replaced. The peak HP was 130 on MR12.

7. Napier43

Napier43 Member

Hello, is the bike still for sale.

8. G.Rand

G.Rand Well-Known Member

Yes ... the bike is still for sale. You can contact me with any questions thru a PM on this site, or call/text (323) 646-2004. Gregg

9. G.Rand

G.Rand Well-Known Member

10. G.Rand

G.Rand Well-Known Member

Price drop.... new price: 12,900.00

11. G.Rand

G.Rand Well-Known Member

Bump for yet another price drop ... I need to free up some space in the garage.
    New price: 11,900.00

12. G.Rand

G.Rand Well-Known Member

Pre-Christmas bump...

13. G.Rand

G.Rand Well-Known Member

I will have this bike displayed for sale in the paddock of the Feb. 3 and 4 Auto Club Speedway WERA weekend event. I'll likely be pitted with or near Rocky Stargel and Bobby Fong / Bryce Prince with Hudson Racing -- come take a look at the bike there. I'm going to change the fuel tank so that it will no longer have a dent in the left side, either. It's racing season, folks .... if you want a championship winning bike that is ready to race, this is it. If Rocky isn't too busy I'm sure he'll be glad to answer any build questions you may have about the unique motor in this R6. I'll also have a trailer and many racing parts, ez-ups, wheels, chargers, tools, etc. for sale. Look for a tan/gold 32' Monaco Vesta RV with a white Pace American trailer and I'll be in it. Stop by and say "hi" .... see you there :)

Gregg

HellrazoRR likes this.