1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2009+ GSX-R1000 riders

Discussion in 'General' started by RM Racing, Apr 26, 2017.

1. RM Racing

RM Racing Tool user

Haven't run Jennings in at least ten years on a 1000. What do you guys run for gearing there?

2. roy826ex

roy826ex Been around here a while

I ran -1 up front, stock rear on my 11 everywhere in the south. Nola, barber, Talladega and Road Atlanta. I never go to Jennings so I can't comment on that specifically.

The -1 tooth up front worked well at all the above mentioned tracks, two of which had long straights the other two fairly tight. I could hit the stock rev limiter setting in 6th at times on the other end with good drive onto the straights at nola and road Atlanta but it was usually right before or right at the braking zones or caught in a bikes draft.

3. RM Racing

RM Racing Tool user

I have no idea what +1 and -1 are.

ekraft84 likes this.
  4. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

Which graphics package does it have? ;)

Gorilla George and speedkelly like this.
  5. speedkelly

speedkelly Well-Known Member

You guys are mean! +1 or -1 is for the boost settings

6. creator

creator Well-Known Member

I run 15/44. SS build
    You could go to 15/43 depending on motor build and speed of your rider. I've run 18's so if your rider is a lot faster, then something else may be better? Ask Geoff May or Josh Day etc.

A. Fahsholtz

7. Kev59

Kev59 Well-Known Member

Where's that picture of the bunny with the pancake on its head?

Gorilla George likes this.
  8. RM Racing

RM Racing Tool user

I'd ask Josh, he's on my crew this year, but he hasn't been on a Suzuki there, I don't think. Thanks though.

9. roy826ex

I was referring to tooth count from stock up front.

10. roy826ex

Did you say something or did the wind blow :rolleyes:

11. roy826ex

That'd be you looking in the mirror :rolleyes:

12. roy826ex

Since a turtle is your avatar speed to you is irrelevant :rolleyes:

13. RM Racing

RM Racing Tool user

I know that much. Who keeps track of what the stock sprocket sizes are? It's so much easier to keep track of gearing as a ratio, like 16/44 or do the math and call it 2.75. That allows you to change gearing to suit your needs rather than guessing. You can do the 'half-a-tooth' change if you do it by ratio and refer to a gearing chart.

14. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

C'mon Rick what fun would that be? He would rather tell you everything and then casually mention.....oh you mean Jennings.....ah yea....ah well....ah hmmm...I've never been there. +1 -1 that works everywhere. :crackup:

15. RM Racing

RM Racing Tool user

I
    I don't know why I start threads here. Optimistic, I guess.

16. Glutton for punishment.

Boman Forklift and noles19 like this.
  17. creator

creator Well-Known Member

I should have added I do ride a 2011 GSXR1000. I think you could start with the 15/44 and then change to 15/43 and see what your rider likes better. Unless someone else has a differing opinion (and the experience to back it up) I think you can take my recommendation seriously. So you are getting an answer to the question you asked. This gearing is for Jennings and for the bike you are asking about.

Are you working with Hayden Gilliam? If he doesn't have a lot of experience there he may be in high teens then get into mid teens in afternoon? If I had to give you my best guess I'd say he'll end up liking 15/43. Possibly even 15/42.

Please post up what you find to work for your rider. It's still a fun track and good for staying sharp through the winter!

Hell! Maybe he'll become the new track record holder!

Last edited: Apr 26, 2017
    noles19 likes this.
  18. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

15 /44 seems to be good...

19. RM Racing

RM Racing Tool user

I got some info from a friend that Robbie Jensen ran 17/42. So I have a couple of ways to go. More information is better. Thanks for the info.

20. Kris87

Kris87 Friendly Smartass

Would it help you if I told you what I ran on my SV there? :D