1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2008 Ninja 250 project/parts bike

Discussion in 'Bikes for Sale' started by bncadvr, Sep 5, 2023.

1. bncadvr

bncadvr Well-Known Member

My Ninja 250 was a nicely setup race bike, but the motor started having issues recently at Road Atlanta. It used up about 1/2 a quart of oil and was running poorly after 2 days of being flogged at full throttle in the heat. I changed the oil which had a little hint of gasoline in it and some metal shavings. I assume the issue is piston rings or a valve, but haven't checked compression yet. It currently has fresh oil and filter and starts up and idles/revs just fine, but I have not ridden it or gone full throttle.

I ended up getting a Ninja 300 and swapped all my race parts over to that bike from the 250, and put the 300 stock parts on the 250. So the 250 currently has stock suspension and controls from a 2014 300 with ~6400 miles on them.

The 250 has a race fairing that has gone for a couple of slides and no gauges/dash of any sort. I have a bunch of spares including including an extra M4 pipe (there is one on the bike already), gas tank, stock controls, maybe a rear shock, lots of gearing, jetting, and such; the usual race bike bits and pieces that get accumulated. And a Clymer manual.

This would be a good bike to get some experience with engine work, grab some parts off of, or part out. I was thinking of doing those things, but but my time and garage space limitations make selling it the only reasonable option for me.

Bike is located in Huntsville, AL. $500 for everything I have, open to trading for stuff. Tell you what - if you don't mind sliding the bike into your truck on its side (not the first time it has been on its side, lol), you can have the thing for free if I can keep the wheels.

Message me for pics.

2. bncadvr

3. bncadvr

4. bncadvr

Bike is gone