1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2006 R6 ruff idle

Discussion in 'Tech' started by bee_rossi, Jan 1, 2010.

1. bee_rossi

bee_rossi Active Member

2006 R6 with slip-on and PC3. I recently removed the CAT and put the straight pipe mod in. I ripped my seat off and threw a new full system map on the PC3 to try out. Whenever the bike is warmed up I am more than pleased with the performance improvement i see.

As the title of the thread states though . . . It seems to have a ruff idle now . . . . . . it did not do this before the CAT was removed. It seems decent until right when the temp gauge goes from LOW to like 115 or 120 whichever number it starts to finally pick a number up at on the gauge. Then it will drop to like 800RPM and sometimes shut off. Once the bike fully warms up this does not happen and i am happy with it. I seen anything from coil pack to the map itself to cause this on other boards.

Any advice to help resolve this issue i would greatly appreciate it and many thanks in advance.

2. RM Racing

RM Racing Tool user

Remap on the dyno with a race oriented dyno tuner. Internet maps are like the BBS - everyone is an expert.

3. bee_rossi

bee_rossi Active Member

thanks for quick reply i have a local tuner and was planning on doing this anyway ill be sure to check with them if new map will resolve the idle issue or not and also just let them see what they recommend to fix it.

4. Dr. GoFast

Dr. GoFast Well-Known Member

^ IIRC the PCIII does not adjust rpm under 2500

5. RM Racing

RM Racing Tool user

Correct, but a good dyno guy can sort the issue. Am I expecting too much?