1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2005 Ducati 749R $6300

Discussion in 'Bikes for Sale' started by Chris Houghton, Feb 22, 2019.

1. Chris Houghton

Chris Houghton Active Member

This bike was converted to track from new, it has sat for a few years here and there, so currently it has only 3,000 miles showing ( It's Canadian, so actually 5,000 km.). All the good parts, and all the maintenance is up to date. It's ready! If you don't know the 749R, do a bit of research with the Google, it really is something special. Clean and clear Ontario ownership, the price shown is USD, we can figure out the Cdn equivalent if someone prefers. Pit Bull stands and warmers could be included. No street stuff. DSC_2906.jpeg IMG_7416.jpeg

2. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

Nice photo. I hope you have that framed in your man-room :) GLWS

3. Chris Houghton

With this bike, you can be that guy........

4. grandpanot

grandpanot Well-Known Member

Nice glws

5. That's a beautiful bike. Can you post more pics?

6. grandpanot

grandpanot Well-Known Member

848atGingermanAHRMA.jpeg This wouldbe a blast to race in AHRMA. Not sure how to legally get a bike across the border though. Would send off my 848 though to have a ride like this.

7. Chris Houghton

The main issue for importation is a letter from Ducati confirming that the bike meets the US EPA requirements. If you have a friend there it could be quite simple.

8. Chris Houghton

A few more details on the bike

How long has he owned it? I bought it in 2012

Who converted it for the track and why? Was never ridden on the street. There were two previous owners. The first owner didn’t ride it, the second converted for track. I did the majority of the mods on the bike.

What's been done to it? Suspension, exhaust, anything else? Öhlins Front and Rear suspension and dampener, Full Termignoni exhaust system, Radial Master and Clutch cylinder, FTM Slave cylinder, Evolution Slipper Clutch, After Market triple Tree, Quick turn throttle, Braking wave rotors, SCR Clip ons, Rear sets Frame sliders & Aluminum front birdcage.

How many times has it been down? How bad were they? Been down twice and neither crash saw the bike tumble. Stayed on the same side both times. Here’s a pic from the worst crash. [​IMG]

Was it a track day bike or a racer? Only been a track bike

When was it last run? Last run September 2018.

9. Chris Houghton

Here's a pic showing the left side, yes it was fixed after that little spill. I think this was at COTA IMG-20190226-WA0000.jpg

10. bkeros

bkeros Well-Known Member

Damn...assuming it's solid, that's dirt cheap. Doesn't have the 848 WSS kit?

11. NOVARC51RACER

NOVARC51RACER Well-Known Member

Do you have all of the service records for this bike? When was the last service done?

12. Chris Houghton

Last service was done in 2016, the bike has had 10 trackdays since then. Here's a few more pics. Mileage shown is in km. IMG_3098.jpg

Attached Files:

13. Chris Houghton

I have 3 people that all seem to be quite interested. Don't be disappointed.

14. zx250r

zx250r Well-Known Member

Pretty sure you can convert odo to std and back. Nice bike

15. Chris Houghton

The bike is now SOLD, thanks to everyone that helped make this a success. Great forum here guys.