1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2003 XR100.. Little/no Compression

Discussion in 'Mini Racing' started by rcarson15, Mar 24, 2018.

1. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

is the manifold in good shape? And youre sure the timing is set correctly?

2. rcarson15

rcarson15 Well-Known Member

There isnt anything looking like the manifold is in bad shape? But yep, fairly certain. Rotated the flywheel to T, made sure the dot on the sprocket was at the top, and the two bolts are parallel to the top of head (or about as close to parallel as itll get). If I move the chain over even a tooth to the left or right, it is noticeably not parallel or on top

3. terminus est

terminus est Be prepared

If it runs for a second, you have spark, you have compression, it's a fueling problem. Make sure the petcock is flowing. Then crack the drain on the carb to see if fuel is getting into the bowl. If petcock flows and no fuel from carb bowl, you have a stuck float. If there is fuel in the bowl and it doesn't run it's probably a clogged pilot circuit. You'll figure it out.

4. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

Anyone around your area that can loan you a carb or other pieces? Sound like a fuel issue to me as well.

Are you sure pilot jet is clean and screw is adjusted correctly?

5. Dave675

Dave675 Well-Known Member

I can’t wait to see this engine explode in spectacular fashion :Poke:

6. Cameron Smith

Cameron Smith New Member

7. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

yes... the compression is about 12:1. Heavier springs are a good idea even on a stock bike. Whether you use 2 or 4 is dependent upon your weight. Also dont forget the shift star mod.

8. Cameron Smith

Cameron Smith New Member

Which springs are good and what is the star shifter mod?