1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2003 Tl-r

Discussion in 'General' started by backdraftmoto, Sep 25, 2002.

1. backdraftmoto

backdraftmoto I make Nissan trucks...

So the American Suzuki website shows a TL-R for next year. Color scheme is slightly changed only. What happened to all the rumors of a new replacement, or is that the SV1000?

I may just have to pick up a 2003 if it's that much better. Otherwise, why change from a previous model?

2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

The replacement is the SV1k. Dunno why the TLR still exists unless it's just cuz they had a bunch.

3. RPatch

RPatch Well-Known Member

I'll just have to stick with my 1998 TLR until either 1). They come out with the KTM 999 superbike or 2). My TLR becomes vintage legal.

Robert

4. kasey ray

kasey ray k-raycing

what's the word on the SV1000 being allowed in the suzi cup in some capacity?

5. TLsupertwin

TLsupertwin Well-Known Member

YES! The KTM superbike will be in my garage asap! I can't wait for that one.

6. blw110

blw110 Well-Known Member

Mongo, are you not having the TL-R in a class for 2003+?
    Was going to pick-up a used one.......

7. RPatch

RPatch Well-Known Member

He previously said it would continue for another year.

8. Paige

Paige BBS FF Champ

Why are you guys concerned about the Heavyweight class going away? Wouldn't the SV1000 just be replacing the TL's on the grid?

9. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

The cup race stuff is not my call, it's Suzuki's. Odds are good we won't know for sure until at least the GNF if not even longer.