1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2002 Schedule

Discussion in 'General' started by WERA, Nov 29, 2001.

1. WERA

WERA Administrator

Northeast Region - I'm thinking about pulling the Jusy Road A date out of the NE and putting in either one or both of the VIR club dates, whaddya think?

For everyone else, I'm working out the details now so I ask for just a bit more patience... I'll probably have some more ????'s as I get further along with trying to get each region sorted out better.

2. Guoseph

Guoseph Soil Sampler

Dang it man, you had me all excited for a second... [​IMG]

3. mtk

mtk All-Pro Bike Crasher

VIR is closer than RA so that's a plus.

But RA is RA and that's GNF practice so that's a point in favor of RA.

My firm opinion is that I have no strong opinion.

4. WERA

WERA Administrator

LOL - that's what I was a afraid of!

I'd still leave it as a Mid Atlantic and Southeast regional so that will give people points opportunites, just didn't want to "force" those in upper NY to make the drive if they don't want to.

5. Guoseph

Guoseph Soil Sampler

Not if GNF is moved to VIR [​IMG]

Fat chance though [​IMG]

6. Greg Gabis

Greg Gabis Slow Traffic

OK, so I'm not in the North East, I'm North Central but...

Wasn't the multi-region Road A event this year pretty brutal? Do you think just dropping it from the North East schedule going to be enough to relieve some of the stress? What about dropping North Central, too or would that make the grids too small?

Yeah, I was in support of keeping the Road A round on the North Central sched for this year but I'm glad I didn't go, it sounded pretty messy.

Hmmm...If you're a North Central or North East racer and you really want to get the track time, you could still go.

Just a thought.

7. RichDesmond

RichDesmond Well-Known Member

Hmmm, I know I'd be pissed as hell if you put RA on the SC schedule, and it's about as far for me as it would be for someone north of the city. Of course, you weren't talkin' to me, so just ignore this. [​IMG]

8. gpracer15

gpracer15 Built to Ride

From SE but I liked the big grids at Road A, GNF simulation! Would like to see big events through the year like it used to be.

9. Rusnak_322

Rusnak_322 FOX Mullet

I race NE and NC but I'm not allowed to go back to Road A - girlfriend said somethin' about 19 hr drive home...

But, Georgia in July isn’t someplace I look forward to. Ever notice it’s always a little warm down there that time of the year?

10. gpracer15

gpracer15 Built to Ride

Yes you are correct but try Savannah, Ga that time of year.

11. Greg Gabis

Greg Gabis Slow Traffic

Ha! I've been passed by said girlfriend on the interstate. I'm thinking more like 13! [​IMG]

12. SpongeBob WeaselPants

SpongeBob WeaselPants Bohemian Ass-Clown

I've been passed by said girlfriend in practice. i'd say more like 12!
    Yeah Greg, I'll beat you to it... I suck [​IMG]

13. WERA29

WERA29 On a mental field trip...

For some reason the July round there is always messy and I'm not sure why. It's always a mult-region round but most of the guys have been on the track before. [​IMG]

I sure hope it's better next year because I like the track but don't want to fear for my life racing there.

14. BAR

BAR Member

If you girlfriend really loved you, you would be allowed to go to RA. Dont give me that, "I crashed excuse"

15. wera94

wera94 Well-Known Member

Can you add Nashville Super Speedway in the
    SE region?I wanna go race,and the go sleep in my own bed that night.Just asking? Tim Brewer

16. gpracer15

gpracer15 Built to Ride

wow that would be a 2hr drive for me, that would be great.

17. E Reed

E Reed Well-Known Member

gpracer15: wow that would be a 2hr drive for me, that would be great.

It's only 10 minutes from my house. Now that would be so nice!!!! It is in a good central location close enough for all regions!

18. mtk

mtk All-Pro Bike Crasher

Yeah, RA in July is damn hot. I personally think that was a major factor in all the crashes and red flags that weekend. And in the grand scheme of things, the weather wasn't too bad for that race weekend. It was in the high 90s, but the humidity wasn't as bad as it could have been. Add in 30% more humidity and it would have been totally brutal weather-wise, and it wasn't exactly pleasant to start with. I think I took 3 cold showers on Sunday, just to make it through the day.

If the NE is gonna have a RA round, I'd prefer we go back to the March date. It can be cold, but I'll take a bit chilly over The Furnace Room of Hell any time.

19. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

It's already gone from the NC schedule no matter what, that just didn't work out too well...

20. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

If we ever did Nashville it would be in the Mid Central, not SE. I still haven't had time to go see if it's feasible sorry, although I plan on doing so as soon as possible.