1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2002 Clubman Rules proposal.

Discussion in 'General' started by WFF, Sep 29, 2001.

1. WFF

WFF Well-Known Member

Simple change - 605cc displacement limit for LC twins. What do you think?

2. wera688

wera688 Well-Known Member

What is LC twin? Give an example....

3. Dave Parker

Dave Parker Well-Known Member

LC = low cost?

4. Philip_37

Philip_37 No soup for you!

How about Aprilia RS 250s in clubman. Currently TZRs, RSRs, and RGVs can run in clubman but the Aprilia is excluded. A late model Suzuki RGV 250 has more power and less weight than the Aprilia but it is legal for the class and the RS250 is not. What gives? WERA has always said that they would let a bike be competive in at least one class. The way the rules are now the Aprilia is competive in none.

Please let the Aprilia RS250 run in clubman.

5. EMathy

EMathy Dreaming of a *****...

LC= Low Calorie? Like LC cream cheese?

6. WFF

WFF Well-Known Member

Liquid
    Cooled
    Twin
    EX500
    [​IMG]

7. lance

lance Well-Known Member

I agree with the low cost,605cc limit I know they are guys out there that want to race with not a very big budget that want to fell competitive as the next guy with more funds kick the ducati out leave out the hawks and let the gs500 and ex500 have their class back

8. Kyle602

Kyle602 Well-Known Member

I think I agree with Lance, with the exception of the ducati and hawk comment.
    Kyle

[This message has been edited by Kyle602 (edited 10-03-2001).]

9. ysr612

ysr612 Well-Known Member

could you put a TransAlp motor in a hawk.

10. wera688

we probably wouldn't have to worry about a 605cc EX motor lasting eight laps [​IMG] I've fought the fight..now it's time for an SV.

11. lathe dog

lathe dog Well-Known Member

yes, a TransAlp powered hawk would be legal!

12. wera688

Stu....whazzzzz up? gonna run the Hawk soon?

13. stickboy274

stickboy274 Stick-a-licious Tire Dude

what hawk? does he still have one?

14. Bryon K. Dumas

Bryon K. Dumas Well-Known Member

Am I missing something or what? I have only seen one Duc win a race all year in Clubman.
    I know of several Kawasaki's that have more horsepower and less weight than a 750 Duc. Why doesn't anybody ever talk about banning a Suzuki or a Kawasaki?
    The only people running a Duc doing well is Ed Viglucci. What is Ed, 40, 45? If a twenty something can't beat a forty something with less weight and more horsepower I think you need to look at something more than "he's got more money than me, boo hoo".
    The RGV Suzuki is nothing more than a freaking Aprilia 250. Why is it that sticking an Italian name on the same basic bike makes it unfair? At some point you have to quit penalizing Italy for doing better work than the Japanese. Suzuki's SV dominates, the Gixx 750 dominates, where is all the hoopla to ban those bikes?
    Winners race, whiners whine. I gotta get that famous JU quote sewed on my leathers.

15. Greg Gabis

Greg Gabis Slow Traffic

Amen brother Bryon.

Tattoo guy has done pretty well on his Duc up here in the North Cenrtral. He won Clubman Novice at the last Putnam race but not without a fight from Vanvalkenburg.

My SRX has a little more power and a little less weight than the Duc but I suck so I can't run with tat and his Duc, yet.

The dominant force up here was Andy Weiss on his TZ/Ascot custom. Decent bike and Andy rode the wheels of that thing (and blew the motor almost every weekend [​IMG] )

It ain't the bike, kids. It's the rider!

16. still novice

still novice Guest

We need a big THUMPER class!!!!!

17. Kyle602

Kyle602 Well-Known Member

I've done quite well against those bikes and riders on my stock ex500. I just kinda like the clubman class the way it is. It seems like everybody wants to try to get the bikes that are no longer competitive in d-super to be indexed into clubman.
    I geuss that's easier than trying to get the sv out of d super.
    I do think the duc 750 (in almost stock form) is a good fit in clubman.
    I think the aprilia/rgv/nsr outclasses all the other clubman bikes, and never understood why the rgv was clubman legal.

[This message has been edited by Kyle602 (edited 10-01-2001).]

18. gpracer15

gpracer15 Built to Ride

An Aprilia RS250 has the same motor as the RGV. in 97 or 98 the RGV got ram air and more hp. A stock Aprilia or non ram air RGV is around 62hp. I raced a 92 RGV in D-super in 95.

19. Roach

Roach Yamaha Catapult Tester

I'd like a class that averaged 5 entries per event too... better chance at a lot more trophies [​IMG]

At the last VIR round, there was one expert (Steve Long, on an NSR250), and 4, maybe 5 novices.

The reason everyone is trying to get bikes that don't work in D-Sup in clubman is because...

A) That's pretty much what clubman is.. bikes that can't compete in D-Sup.

and

B) With on average only 6 people entering the class, um, it could USE some more bikes.

I'm completely biased in that I own an Aprilia, but I fail to see the difference between it and an RGV250 except that it has the word "Aprilia" on the fairings. Oh, and that it makes less HP than the newer RGVs.

- Roach

20. werajedi

werajedi Well-Known Member

SS Hawks, SS Duc 750's, OK. The arguments over the 250's was, I think, over people puttin' TZ250 mills into TZRs, & making enforcement a hassle. If WERA (i.e Mongo the mediator) is willing to deal with the protests, go fer it.
    I, personally, will be racing w/the cash for a crank-teardown in my pocket. That's my default setting-if I really think someone's cheating, I'll see the crank & every bit between. The "gentleman's, sportsman-like" approach doesn't seem to work.