1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2001 aprilia Mille-r clutch

Discussion in 'Tech' started by GypsyRacing, Dec 27, 2010.

1. GypsyRacing

GypsyRacing V7 Gypsy

I recently got a new to me track bike, and if I try to put it in gear when it is cold, the clutch grabs....even with the clutch lever pulled in.

I've never had a hydraulic clutch before....and I do not have a service manual.... Is there a way to adjust this? Does this sound familiar, or does this has something to do with the slipper clutch setup?

Thanks
    Dennis
    [email protected]

2. loser

loser Well-Known Member

The clutch may be stuck from sitting. If that is the case you may be able to free it up by putting it in gear and rocking it back and forth while actuating the clutch lever. I'll keep my fingers crossed that it is that simple a solution.

3. slower than u

slower than u Well-Known Member

Welcome to the Ape world ! :beer:

Sounds like you gotta bleed the system, particulary the slave cyclinder - for some reason these systems always do this crap - dont know specfics on your year , but ,if you head over to apriliaforums.com Im sure you can find a manual and advice there . While your there , also check out the "burping" instruction on the rear brake - if you follow the procedure there you wont have issues with the rear brake .

When and or if you ever need parts , the guys @ AF1 are killer - good prices , hella fast service and they will 99% of the time have what you need in stock and tell you what you need .True story , Aprilia USA was out of a part so ,they called AF to get the part they couldnt !

4. hank748

hank748 Well-Known Member

:stupid:

And yes, properly bleeding the system is key...

5. Potts N Pans

Potts N Pans Well-Known Member

you might want to also change out the clutch slave cylinder....the OEM seals tend to leak. Get an Evolution CSS (it has a 3 seal system and a larger piston for an easier pull)

also you can change out to the 40 oil jet for the clutch and makes gear selection much easier.....you can get both of these from AF1.