1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2000 meter row...

Discussion in 'General' started by Evad101, Sep 8, 2021.

1. Paddy O

Paddy O Well-Known Member

So if you have a C2 make sure it has a fairly recent monitor because since covid, most Regattas have gone virtual all using Concept link ups. If your C2 is not pristine and current, just get a new C2, only $950 full retail but I got mine used just once after our clubs indoor regatta for $750. Concept has a great service department, that is why C2 is the default erg, that and they go to great lengths to prove identical measurements between machines. You should make a score like that public via competing in a recognized Regatta, if you are any where near 6:10 you could be offered trips(Boston), food, gifts, club memberships, etc but how would I know, I could never break 7:00. So set it for 2000m follow instructions and post your C2 results page with 500 splits. Also, age helps at regattas and brackets start at 35+ giving increasing(some say too much) time handicap. Do it!

2. TX Joose

TX Joose Well-Known Member

I might have to actually try now that I see these times.

Normally if I'm rowing I'll do it for a warmup before I go workout. I shoot for 2000m in 8 mins or less then I'm on my way.

I did a 10,000m back in March for a workout just because it was the longest option on the menu. I was GASSED. I also occasionally do 30m sessions and I'm the 8400m range. I have a pics of the results but this shit still doesn't work on Tapatalk.

38'45.8 for the 10k

3. Paddy O

Paddy O Well-Known Member

TX, that is a pretty good pace, rowers compare 2k time and 500m splits and that is about it. On a C2 of course. Judging by your pace on your 30 minute piece(that's my daily row) was about 7:08 so on 2k you should be able to do about 6:50-6:55. That is top 5% of rowers over 35, excellent. Check out an indoor Regatta near you, most regattas cater to high school and some college kids but will have races for masters(over 25). Contact them through : www.regattacentral.com/regattas please post your results!

TX Joose likes this.
  4. TX Joose

TX Joose Well-Known Member

I'm over 35 but I don't feel like I'd be competitive. I follow this girl Kirstin Kline and he numbers smash anything I've ever done. So I'd almost feel like I'm embarrassing myself if I try a 2000m sprint knowing damn well i won't even be remotely close haha. But i will give it a shot so I have something to go off of.

Paddy O likes this.
  5. Lawdog78

Lawdog78 Well-Known Member

Had to search a hot minute to find this thread. I'm in the market for one of these things. I've found several Concept 2 ones for sale on marketplace..a couple in the $350 range. Are they all the same or are there different higher end models? Also found one of the "water rowers" which I thought sounded cool when I first started researching but are they any better? Thanks for any tips

6. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

Sounds good on the surface...
    just check the ODO on them.
    There were people around here asking $200 less than a brand new rower shipped to your door but had 50,000+ KM on the machine. Which retail is ~$1040 these days.

Lawdog78 likes this.
  7. skidooboy

skidooboy supermotojunkie

like a car, look for year, and mileage. the C2's have different updates to the display's over the years. the newer ones have the ability to connect to bluetooth/internet, to send in, join in, results. Ski

Lawdog78 likes this.