1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2000 Honda RS250: 0-miles, spare engine, etc.

Discussion in 'Bikes for Sale' started by Brooklyn67, Apr 8, 2017.

1. Brooklyn67

Brooklyn67 Well-Known Member

2000 Honda RS250 for sale. Last year for the single sided swingarm.
    The bike is well developed and has "0" miles on a completely rebuilt engine (including the gearbox).
    It has more spares than you can possibly imagine, including a spare crank with 500miles on it. GMD rebuilt front forks, Penske rear shock, new EBC front disks & pads, new chain, etc. In addition, the spares include a complete '96 engine..with carbs/powervalve controler and a complete perfect swingarm with eccentric hub. The intake has been modified with a removable fiberglass snorkel, so that you can use the much nicer '01-'03 bodywork (which is perfect, btw). The spares also include new ChickenHawk tire warmers, front/rear stands, spare wheels, rains, brand new replated cylinders (done by Millenium..when their work was quality). The RS also comes with AIM GPS, Mychron(5) dash with EGT sensors and the engine also has detonation counters - you can easily tune the jetting using the det. counter or EGT temps. The engine also includes new VHM heads set up to run leaded (C12 or MR12 - used to be MR8 oxygenated fuel). The MR8/12 gives you a little more on the top end, but it's expensive. It also has brand new carbon fiber silencers on the pipes. You even get 2 Hiatco footpeg stands that came from Jason DiSalvo's RS250 from 2001. New (few years old) Bridgestone softs are on the wheels which are good for practice, but not necessarily for race.

I wouldn't say that you're getting a better-than-new race bike (though it is), but it's very, very clean, completely sorted with spares that will last you a long, long time...

Here are a few pics as well as a link to see everything that's included. The package price for everything is $17k and I will not separate bike with spares and other included parts.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    https://www.dropbox.com/sh/qjmnqqwuowli7zr/AAC7-WA1h8FIB1zLOdEJaXXia?dl=0

The RS is located in upstate, NY. Please email me at rockgin (at) gmail if you have any questions.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2017
  2. Brooklyn67

3. hockyis1

hockyis1 Well-Known Member

Oh Man...sexy!

4. erock768

erock768 Well-Known Member

Reet,

Why selling this gem? Still got the 125?

Powder Works likes this.
  5. Brooklyn67

Hey Eric,
    I just hated seeing sit there - it's should be ridden and I won't be riding any time soon.
    I just sold it and it's going to the UK. I heard from the buyer that "Fast" Freddie Spencer may be riding it (exhibition race, I assume). I still have the 125s - rebuilding the A bike and will be back out there on an NSF whenever I can get a break from work...

6. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

Congrats on the sale. That was a pretty good deal. I hope I never have to part with my 1999.

7. Brooklyn67

Thanks. I never thought I'd part with it either.

8. Brooklyn67

So...quick update: I sold the bike to a collector in the UK and “Fast” Freddie Spencer will eventually be riding it! How F’ing cool is that! The bike finally arrived last week and here’s a pic the buyer just sent me with Freddie...
    [​IMG]

9. TheGrouchyCat

TheGrouchyCat Don't let my friends know I'm slow

That's rad

10. gpracer15

gpracer15 Built to Ride

AWESOME.....

11. Cobalt Coupe

Cobalt Coupe Well-Known Member

That's really cool !!!

12. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

So awesome!!!

13. omarR1

omarR1 Well-Known Member

damn so nice

14. Victor

Victor Well-Known Member

Holy shit I just read a article they posted that bike with a 1000 and they had a video attached. I will try and find and send to you. I always wanted a 2 stroke never had the chance.

15. white wings

white wings Well-Known Member

Why not post it for everyone here?

16. Victor

Victor Well-Known Member

If I send to him on this thread does it not go to every one?? Now let me get busy and find.