1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2000 GSXR750 results...

Discussion in 'General' started by TX racer, Mar 20, 2000.

1. TX racer

TX racer Well-Known Member

Just returned from the RRW 2000 GSXR test at Oak Hill in Henderson, TX where both K. Schwantz, B. Spies, Grant Lopez and Mark Junge put the Gixxer through it's paces and I couldn't hold in any longer I had to tell someone [​IMG]

Results?

Outstanding! expect to see a lot of trophies from anyone that is able to get their twist gripping little hands on one. The test took models from 86-98 and Schwantz and Spies rode them back to back and then gave feedback...And if you could have been there it was awesome to see Kevin slide the bike in and out of the corners! Also going on was the 'Big Bike test' where Michael Martin (M4 pipes), Kevin Duke, Lopez and Junge put the 2000 models (YZFR1/CBR929/ZX9R) through the torture test. And best yet [​IMG]... I have it on tape... but you will have to wait for the Next RRW issue to get ALL the scoop, but let me say this... I'm putting my $$ on the new 750-ASAP!!!! [​IMG] The test will air on my show for the month of April, but any interested parties can get a copy...in April!

Thanks RRW and D. Swarts!! Remember to keep it 'ON THE GAS'

2. wera122

wera122 Guest

Oh sure, hold it in until after the test you selfish motorcycle guy you! [​IMG]

Next time at least hint around to the whereabouts of the test and the riders to give us a chance to show up, would ya? [​IMG]

I say we organize a 24-hour Texas racetrack watch. Who's with me?

3. TX racer

I could not release the where and when, because then I would of had to kill you, and then I would have to play on the track by myself, and that's no fun...however, the reason it won't be available till April are:1. I just got the footage and need to edit it. 2. I promised RRW that I would only show teasers in March, and then release when they do in April...which is only 10 days away
    but if you want to get a copy you should say so now so I'll now how many to dub while in the studio [​IMG]

And with the track watch going, you guys just might get in on more stuff!

4. wera122

wera122 Guest

So what's the discounted racer price for this contraband video? I promise not to broadcast it from my secret home satellite if you send me a copy early! [​IMG]

5. TX racer

Copies of the show are available for $13.95 plus tax, but won't be available until April 5th. So you might still get it before your RRW issue, and for anyone coming down for the National let me know early, and we can work something out for some exclusive footage for your self or your team to air to over 200,000 cable subscribers and that you can dub, and send to sponsors to show them that YES indeed I am getting you exposure...now give me more $$ and I new bike and a new....sorry started day dreaming there [​IMG] It's worth it just having footage of Schwantz through Oak Hills turn 1 on a GSXR...a weekend I'll truly never forget.

6. wera122

wera122 Guest

That sounds like a reasonable price, depending on what the tax is! [​IMG]

I would like to reserve a copy, so just let me know where to send the cash and we'll see if I have any left over after this weekend at Roebling.

7. TX racer

Your copy is now reserved! Sorry it took so long to get back, I am trying to juggle a couple of hundred things at once. I will be editing the footage starting on Mon. and should be done in about 5-6 days. Still waiting on a copyright issue...so be patient. Contact me at my personal email [email protected] to discuss shipping arrangements