1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1st RC213V-S delivered in the US

Discussion in 'General' started by SPL170db, Aug 24, 2016.

1. It was in a magazine from like 7-8 years ago. I read it, don't have a link.

2. Kurlon

Kurlon Well-Known Member

Is that the same mag that covered my Oscar acceptance speech?

3. bleacht

bleacht Well-Known Member

But they're prepped, so it's not the same. Hell, by that logic the last gen R1 wasn't a turd because Graves was able to make them fast.

Gorilla George likes this.
  4. moto316

moto316 Well-Known Member

all that money and it comes with cast monoblock calipers that you can find on a gixxer...smh

5. masshole

masshole sixoneseven

On the Desmo hp topic, IIRC in 07 it would put upward of 30 rwhp more than the liter bikes of that generation.

6. moto316

moto316 Well-Known Member

This guy says all the stock ones they tested were between 160-170whp

7. Resident Plarp

Resident Plarp drittsekkmanufacturing.com

A long, long time ago, at a trackday, far, far away - some dude was throttle whipping his Desmo while riding through the pits to be sure everyone knew he had monry, I mean - that particular bike.

He crashed that thing on pit-out and he still had lots of money.

JTW likes this.
  8. Yep. It was at Jennings. I was there and saw it.

The guy pulled up with this huge red trailer with Ducati logos all over it. Had the Ducati suit, whole 9 yards. He brought a Desmo, an 848, and a Hypermotard (he was riding in Intermediate).

Guy really was a douchemissle. He wouldn't talk to anyone, wouldn't help the guy beside him who was struggling by himself (I ran over to help the guy once, ran right past the Ducati guy, and he just stood there and watched dude almost drop his bike).

When he was going to take the Desmosedici out, he sat in his pit revving it over and over for 10 minutes making sure everyone saw him. Then when he was rolling through the pits, he barely crept through going real slow, and kept pulling the clutch in revving it up over and over while looking around.

He wanted to make sure everyone saw him.

Then as he was turning right onto hot pit, he highsided. After getting everyone's attention, he highsided his ass off, on hot pit.

The Desmo spun on the pavement like 3 times. Dude wasn't hurt at all, but the bike was scratched all to shit.

He immediately loaded all of his shit up and went home. Didn't even finish the day.

TurboBlew, crashman and Mran556 like this.
  9. brex

brex Well-Known Member

Did you point and yell Ha-Ha?

10. Repo Man 32

Repo Man 32 Lifetime Member

Thinking that the Grom is a better performance per dollar value than the 213..... :cool:

11. Repo Man 32

Repo Man 32 Lifetime Member

Rz500, Gamma 500, RC31... I win. :p

vizsladog likes this.
  12. Rogue4

Rogue4 Well-Known Member

It's bad enough that anytime you show up to the track with a Duc, you have a huge target painted on your back. Don't play into the stereotype and be a douche.

The last time I went with my 1299s, everyone makes it a point to try and pass you, winning the track day.

No, I do not have any matching gear or Ducati stickers on my shit. Did anyone help him pick his bike up?

13. Agreed.

There is a stereotype that follows the Ducs and in many cases it is warranted. Acting like a complete douchegrenade dosent help.

Nope. Not a single soul helped him pick it up (or load his stuff). He had completely ignored people all day. I mean literally ignored, as in twice I saw somebody go to his pit to ask about the Desmo and the dude just looked at them, said nothing, and looked away.

He was the epitome of an elitist prick. I never want to see someone get injured, but I can say seeing dude wad that Desmo up did make my day.

14. masshole

masshole sixoneseven

And you're going to be the Ducati guy who complains about being passed?
    Talk about stereotypes :crackup:

15. Rogue4

Rogue4 Well-Known Member

If you ever want to see them by the dozens, go to a COTA track day. Makes me want to leave the Duc and take my 675R, so I'm not guilty by association.

16. Rogue4

Rogue4 Well-Known Member

I don't give two shits about being passed. I do care about being stuffed by a kid on a 600 (at a track day) so he can go back to the pits and tell everyone he passed a Pani.

TurboBlew likes this.
  17. Rogue4

Rogue4 Well-Known Member

Good.

18. masshole

masshole sixoneseven

About 10 guys from the Kawi forums did a dyno shoot out in 07 or 08, same day same dyno- the Desmo beat both zx14s by 10-15 rwhp or so and smacked the few zx10s by quite a bit. This was street guys on street bikes.

turbulence likes this.
  19. masshole

masshole sixoneseven

So, you're going to put it on your "Pani", like someone gives a shit what you're riding at a track day. Stop it.

20. Rogue4

Rogue4 Well-Known Member

If you don't think that showing up with one puts a target on your back, ask Broome.