1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1st RC213V-S delivered in the US

Discussion in 'General' started by SPL170db, Aug 24, 2016.

1. Black89

Black89 Well-Known Member

Size queen

2. BigBird

BigBird blah

That collection doesn't even have a Grom in it. Obviously it's very lacking. He should do some more research on good bikes

TurboBlew and Gorilla George like this.
  3. Motofun352

Motofun352 Well-Known Member

$184k...well maybe if they put some winglets on it....:confused:

4. stangmx13

stangmx13 Well-Known Member

cmon, we all know Honda doesnt give a shit about production racing. i also wouldnt be surprised if this was mostly HRCs effort and they really really dont care about production bikes. there was a press release somewhere that these frames were made in the same places as the real RCVs. so its not like they detracted from Honda making a new CBR.

this is Honda. they do what they want and ppl still buy it.

Nakamoto forgot to ask Gigi how to make them.

5. Motofun352

Motofun352 Well-Known Member

When old-man Honda was still alive he did (or allowed) some outlandish things. He pretty much forced the other three big Japanese companies to follow suit or get left behind. You either loved H or hated H for this but it was not boring. Now Honda doesn't even seem to be able to follow the lead. I have a bunch of old Hondas from a trail 90, CBX, CB400F and owned several others including V4s etc......Haven't bought a new Honda in decades.

Gorilla George likes this.
  6. G 97

G 97 Garth

Game changer

418 likes this.
  7. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Yeah but what was the game it changed? Mouse Trap?

8. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

in person that thing is teh sex you know HRC is capable of making. So much GP level bling.

Ive been to trackdays where there were 2 desmosedicis being ridden by participants.
    Hopefully I can see at least one RC213?? :D

9. I've seen a few of them at track days. The thing is, the Desmosedici isn't all that fast. It was put against an R1 (the previous generation R1 that was a turd) and the R1 was faster in terms of acceleration and even around the track.

The Desmosedici is cool with cool parts, but it is one of those bikes that is badass because it is rare. A Panigale is ligher, more powerful, and faster in every measurable way.

10. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

yeah no doubt I could build some cool shit for $183,000...
    One of the Desmo sightings was at Laguna. I was just kinda circulating on my buddys zx10 with stock erray thang when I passed it going into 5. All the sudden I hear this thunder behind me like someone just lost all their mufflers...lol. I get onto the front straight & holy crap was it loud as it went by(I had ear plugs in) Next lap the dude is getting a meatball to pit in because of sound. :D

turbulence likes this.
  11. ljuice26

ljuice26 Well-Known Member

Chris, I have to disagree, they arent slow. I have some Brit friends that have their bikes race prepped by Moto Rapido in the UK, the BSB race team. Those Desmos (The guys over there own SLs, Pani Rs and other rare bikes) fucking fly. Those guys also race. When they get prepped by Moto Rapido, they aren't your standard Desmos....

Just a few of their bikes. How they go to the track.
    10511084_311875252328610_5218295892339527075_n.jpg

12. dobr24

dobr24 Well-Known Member

Just make sure you don't asspack him as you blow by. Unless you are on a 300!

TurboBlew likes this.
  13. I never said they were "slow". I just said they aren't what people make them out to be (or as fast as you would think they would be for $80k).

They have cool parts, are rare, and all that kind of stuff. But they are no faster than any modern Liter bike.

14. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I'm wondering if I should turn on the light now and bring up the Porsche Macan versus Jeep Cherokee analogy, or if I should still give you more time to find the light switch on your own. :D

JTW and turbulence like this.
  15. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

:crackup:

16. Shutup. :moon:

The difference is that nobody acts like a Porsche Macan Turbo is a F1 car. I mean, it is fast, but it is what it is.

People act like the Desmosedici is some 260hp fire breathing MotoGP beast.

In reality it isn't faster than any liter bike off the showroom floor. They sound badass, are cool and rare. But it isnt the beast people make it out to be as far as speed/performance.

But most importantly. :moon:

418 likes this.
  17. turbulence

turbulence Well-Known Member

18. turbulence

there is that price discrepancy, but the desmo also has a bunch of high end components (not normally found on mass produced bikes in 2007)

TurboBlew likes this.
  19. That's the thing, they did. That is what I was talking about ealier. They did a head-to-head test with the Desmosedici against the R1 back then (and that generation R1 was a turd). The R1 was faster.

20. turbulence

Where is this head to head? Link?