1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1999 BMW R1100RT - upgraded suspension and more

Discussion in 'Bikes for Sale' started by bncadvr, Aug 13, 2023.

1. bncadvr

bncadvr Well-Known Member

1999 R1100RT
    $2200 - cash, paypal f&f, cashapp, Zelle
    Trades - prepped track bikes or Grom (especially track prepped Grom)
    Huntsville, Alabama - I'll pick you up at airport HSV for fly and ride
    Will ship for extra $$, but I can arrange it
    122k and slowly counting
    I'm the 2nd owner, bought in 2019 with ~107k, 1st owner had all maintenance done by dealer
    Clutch was replaced at 90k by dealer per previous owner, I perform service per the recommended 6k/12k intervals with Beemer Boneyard Liqui Moly maintenance kits - all is up to date
    Fork seals replaced at 118k in 2021
    Odyssey PC680 battery 1.5yr old

MODS:
    Mupo front shock
    Progressive rear shock
    Ztechnik tall wind screen - electronic adjustment still works, original not included as I never had it
    LED driving light mounted on fork, relayed, and switched on dash
    bar risers
    adjustable footpeg lowering brackets
    Bill Meyer custom seat
    Ztechnik front crash bars
    Heed rear crash bars
    Elf highway pegs (integrated into cylinder heads) - hard to find!
    HVMP heavy bar ends
    R1200 injectors
    R1200 cam chain tensioner
    17" rear wheel from K1200RS - allows more modern tire choices, stock 18" rear included
    Spiegler stainless steel brakelines front and rear
    LED headlight, taillight, and turn signal bulbs
    additional LED brake light
    Dual USB charger - relayed
    3 original luggage cases and Kathy's bag liners for all
    Metal quick disconnects on fuel lines to gas tank - great for removing the tank to replace fuel filter
    Odyssey PC680 gel battery 1.5yrs old
    Front tire is Michelin Road 5 with 8k on it, new Road 5 is included, will install for fly and ride
    Rear tire is Pilot Road 4 with 3k on it (last set was good for 10k).

Clean Alabama title in my name and possession, registration good through March 2024.

Riding position is roomier than my GS due to the bar risers and lowered foot pegs, easy to change/adjust to your liking.

Issues:
    Only issue is that the ABS failed, code says rear brake circuit is the culprit. I decided not to fix it and just pulled the bulbs from the dash lights so that they aren't flashing. Brakes are very strong and fade free with the Spiegler stainless lines.
    There is a light scuff in the paint just above the headlight on the left hand side when facing the front of the bike; happened when I slow motion dropped it in the garage a few years back and it rubbed against some wood. Otherwise paint is in pretty good shape for an old, high mileage bike.

Everything else works as it should, including the heated grips and electric wind screen.

I'd ride this bike anywhere without hesitation, and have. Nearly all my mileage was cross country trips. This bike is very well set up and dialed in for me, and it shouldn't take much to dial it in for you. This bike has a lot of life left and will be a great comfy sport tourer for someone; great way to try this type of bike since it is affordable and already farkled. The only reason I'm selling is that I'm not really into long trips anymore and I have other bikes ( too many...6 and counting, n+1 lol) that are better suited to my current riding habits.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]