1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1993 RGV250 For Sale

Discussion in '2-Stroke Machines' started by EOdesmo, Apr 3, 2019.

Tags:
  1. EOdesmo

EOdesmo Member

Well, as much as I hate to, I'm going to move on from my life long 2 stroke addiction due to advancing age and orthopedic issues so here goes;
    I'm looking to sell my 1993 RGV250P. I purchased this 7 years ago with the intention of a complete functional/cosmetic restoration. It was imported from the UK by the previous owner. The PO purchased a new with a Fischer Stage III engine, and installed it heat cycled it a few time and put it in his dining room where it sat for 9 years. I bought it, and over 7 years, went over virtually every part of the bike and updated what was needed. I spent way more on the project than had planned. I have a mountain of receipts and hundreds of pics of the process. It comes with a clean, valid Ohio title in my name (11 character UK VIN). I have some of the original documentation from the UK as well. The bike had been down on both sided while in the UK before it was imported by the PO.

Details:
    -Mileage- when purchased- 9290 mi. Current mileage- 9320
    -Comes with the original engine as well. PO told me it ran but he felt it needed a top end refresh so decided to
    buy a Fischer crate engine and have essentially a new, higher performance engine. the cylinders are off the
    original engine. Its Std bore. There was surface rust on crank from sitting at my purchase. I have pics of
    engine in its current state.
    -Bike is currently running fairly well but definitely needs fine tuning (upper mid and top end). I haven't run
    it much due to the weather. Seems to have the dreaded Tyga 8k flat spot or may just be jetting.
    -I can send a full list of what's been replaced/upgraded upon request as well as many pics as you may need.
    I have a video of it running late last year. I have detailed pics of the entire tear down and re-assembly.
    -I am in eastern Ohio and would prefer local pick up so you can see exactly what you are purchasing. Can
    help with shipping if need be however.
    -Here is a link to an ad for the bike on raresportbikes that details the history and what was done by the PO:
    https://raresportbikesforsale.com/no-bids-1993-suzuki-rgv250-gamma-vj22/

-$6000 for the bike, original engine as noted above and a few odd original parts that I have.

-PM me for any questions. Will reply ASAP.

Thanks for looking.

PS: the RZ500 in the last pic will be on the block as well laster this year.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 3, 2019
    SpeedyE and trussdude like this.
  2. EOdesmo

EOdesmo Member

3. jksoft

jksoft Well-Known Member

PM incoming. I want this and am just up the road from you.

SpeedyE likes this.
  4. Mechdziner714

Mechdziner714 More Gas Less Brakes

Really nice bikes, GLWS

5. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

Beautiful bike! FYI your price is way too low. That's a $9K-$10K bike all day long, especially with the spare engine.

SpeedyE likes this.
  6. joec

joec brace yourself

Good God now I understand toe a little.

7. EOdesmo

EOdesmo Member

Thanks and that's what I've been hearing. When I've looked at various sites (RGV forum, Fleabay, Moto2 imports, FB Gamma owners, Miyabee, etc)prior to listing, seemed to me the bikes with the $8-10k price range were usually pristine, low mileage stock examples or had high end mods. I apparently have undervalued it given what several have said...

SpeedyE likes this.
  8. Phl218

Phl218 .

I will be rolling towards Cincinnati on tuesday.

If you still have it by then, let’s talk.

418 likes this.
  9. bmg

bmg Well-Known Member

Let me know when you decide to sell the RZ 500

10. EOdesmo

EOdesmo Member

will do...

11. EOdesmo

EOdesmo Member

RGV sold...

12. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

Me too. Im about 6hrs from there. And if i ever buy another streetbike it would be another RZ350 or preferably 500

13. jksoft

jksoft Well-Known Member

First, a shout out to EOdesmo. Awesome seller, would do business again. He is meticulous about his maintenance and whomever ends up with the RZ500 will be getting a great bike.

I'm planning to get the RGV out to the track later this month so I'm looking for some rubber. Does anyone have first hand experience with tires on these bikes? This would be for mostly track usage with perhaps a spirited ride in the country every once in a while.

I've been looking at the following:
    • Dunlop Sportmax Q3 - I can get a great deal on these now at my local shop so they would be far cheaper than the other brands.
    • Bridgestone RS10
    • Pirelli Supercorsa SC
    • Other?

14. gpracer15

gpracer15 Built to Ride

damn i missed it. I had a 92 model from Australia with Kit SPAC and Jolly Motos.....ended up being my first race bike....

Still want one again and I missed this one!

15. jksoft

jksoft Well-Known Member

I'm having Q3+ tires put on right now and plan to have it out at the track in a few weeks. I plan to replace the stock ignition with a Zeeltronic later in the summer, but I want to wring it out as is first. My local shop is offering a $100 off of a pair of Dunlop's plus Dunlop has a $60 rebate until the end of the month which covers the mounting and balancing.