1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

181 EX Daniel Parkerson Summit Point

Discussion in 'General' started by kl954, Aug 14, 2006.

1. kl954

kl954 Well-Known Member

I just wanted to say, what a nice job ((after taking someone out in Turn 5, Sunday 8/13/06 in the 600 Superstock race)) going and finding them to appologize for a knuckle head move!

Oh wait you never did or said anything, you did in fact make a bad desicion which caused 173 to not finish the race as well as crash! Thank you also for asking if we needed any parts or anything, oh wait that did not happen either!

One of the most dissapointing things I have experienced at a race weekend!

Before everyone blasts away, the move was clearly not smart, I do understand mistakes happen, but you have to be a man and go and appologized for such a mistake!! It was not a racing incedent he was on a outside line and turned into the other rider taking out his front tire and casuing 173 to go down as well as himself to run off.

Oh well that is it, just a little angry but mainly really disappointed!

Kent Larson

Disclaimer: These opinions are mine and not the rider 173. Anything written above is from me and me only. Glad it was not me he did it to a lot more would have been said!
    Thank you!

2. Strick

Strick Good to be king

Maybe he thought the other guy hit him. Maybe he didn't know who it was.

I don't know who hit who, I don't care who hit who. It just seems that it is the "in" thing to do to get on the beeb and whine about being in a wreck and it is never ever the fault of the guy posting (or in this case the guy posting wasn't even involved).

3. ekraft84

ekraft84 Registered User

I always find a rider if something questionable happens. I'd probably think to do it even more now, with the "power" of the BBS at work. The last thing I want is you goofs deciding my fate.

:D

4. R1ZOOM

R1ZOOM Well-Known Member

Let me settle in :Pop: :beer:

5. Yeah I had a guy actually run into the rear left side of my swingarm at a trackday once. He went down. This was coming out of the last turn at Putnam Park. He was way outside going into the turn. I was on the regular line. So I feel this nudge and I look behind me and there is a guy on a TLS behind me...I looked at him like WTF...gave him the thumbs up and he gave it back...so I stop at the end of Pit Out...and he stopped as well. I talked to the flagger guy and he said I took the guys front tire out...I looked at my bike and couldn't figure out how I did that. The guy on the TLS said "no way, this guy was on the right line and the other guy turned into him and was way off line going into the turn". So I kept going, though I was still confused on what happened since I don't have eyes in the back of my head. I went down to find the guy. He was all pissed and shitty...first off he was in the race class and was clearly not at race pace. Anyway, I told him he ran into my according the guy who was behind me. He just bitched and moaned some more so I just walked on. Then my wife told me after the next session that his friends took off out of Pit Out after I went passed as if to try and catch up and mess with me...I never seen them on the track except for when I lapped them both hehe...so I packed up and went home after that session...I wasn't about to let a couple of bone heads try and pull something stupid for their own buddies mistake.
    I'm all for going to find out if the other guy is okay whether it's your fault or not...it's just a sportman kinda thing to do IMO. However, I feel if your on the receiving end, you should atleast be civil enough to point out the fact to yourself that the guy is coming down to check on you or apologize or receive one if you were in the wrong. Sure your still going to be pissed...understandable...but a "Hey I DO appreciate you coming by" is in order nonetheless.

6. Joe Morris

Joe Morris Off The Reservation

Somebody get a rope.

7. Handicapped Racer

Handicapped Racer Well-Known Member

Here's a thought, the next time you find yourself in a similar situation, why not during the course of the 11 races that day, seek out the person who may have taken you out, and go speak with him in a calm manner, instead of coming on the Web and Flaming him. Just a thought though, if i was Daniel, and i was reading this my1st reaction would be to say FU that's racing, but it's not and I hope you all get your bike back together.

Internet Gangstas Blow me! Drive all the way home to hop on a puter to talk ish about somone when they were right there less than 200yrd away!
    Oh well that is it, just a little angry but mainly really disappointed!

8. Stillie

Stillie Off that like Jay-Z

[Buckwild] Apply directly to the forehead! [/Buckwild]

9. Strick

Strick Good to be king

It isn't even his bike and evidentally it wasn't a steaming pile after the "slamming" it got since the person raced in a later race.

10. Buckwild

Buckwild Radical

Ever stop to think it was intentional Kent?
    J/K man, sorry about what happened.

On another note, Handi makes a solid point.

11. Schitzo42

Schitzo42 dweeb

I once stole a donut from Strick and it was stale. He should apologize to be for not supplying fresh tasty donuts for me to steal from him.

-steve

12. Strick

Strick Good to be king

Finally some good comes out of a stoopid thread. I now know who to kill for stealling my pastry products.

13. MarkB

MarkB All's well that ends well

Daniel is the skinny looking kid who never wears a shirt, right???

If so - then he's a damn fine kid, and well versed in track etiquette. I'm sure there is a perfectly reasonable explanation if you would wait to hear it - there ALWAYS is.......

14. Photo_Chick

Photo_Chick Leo's Wench!

Only I make him wear a shirt now at the awards ceremony!

15. mad brad

mad brad Guest

take up knitting.

this shit is so old. if i had a new bike bike every time some racer knocked me down. :rolleyes:

16. davetlr

davetlr Well-Known Member

Turn 5

Sounds like Paul Tracy!!

Mad Brad says knitting, I say stay at home and watch those fast guys that go round and round in a big circle!!!

17. Photo_Chick

Photo_Chick Leo's Wench!

Daniel is a good kid. If he thought he took someone out, he would have tried to find them.

18. SClark

SClark Righteous Indignator!

Ex 181 blew by post race tech after every race stating that he had a tire swap or back to back race just about every time. He appeared to be a very, very busy boy, and not until the last race did I get his attention for 2 minutes to check his stickers.

That being said, I can understand whilst you and he didn't converse throughout the day. But, I don't know the circumstances of what transpired on course.

Hope it works out for you.

Steve Clark

19. YamahaRick

YamahaRick Yamaha Two Stroke Czar

Isn't that grounds for a DQ?

20. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Nope, post race tech is for contingency purposes and we can easily verify Daniel had the right stix and product if he's in back to back races.