1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

$17,000,000,000

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by dtalbott, Jul 28, 2006.

1. Jamesm925

Jamesm925 Well-Known Member

i don't see how you could believe this.

hmm...lets see, something like 95% of the country's wealth is in the hands of %5 of the country.....:crackhead:

oh, wait, this is because these are just brilliant, hard working folk that earned their riches through sweat and effort---not through...*gasp* exploitation and oppression of those less fortunate than themselves....

lets see....hmmm...a good example...umm... ENRON.
    does that do anything for you.
    or maybe most of GW political decisions.
    i.e. rich m-fers dipping their hands in the cookie jar and doing nothing but promote self-serving agendas that fatten their pockets while those "below" them barely make ends meet.

oh, maybe you think paris hilton would still be weathly if they took away daddy's money...:Poke: :down:

or maybe that the brilliant political genius known as GW would have ever become president without the life of weath and priviledge he inherited from big daddy GW.

Last edited: Jul 30, 2006
  2. Super Dave

Super Dave Exhausted and Abused

LOL!

Those 5% have 59% of the wealth...and pay 38+% of federal taxes.

Federal taxes are going to be paid on income, etc. If you have big stuff (wealth?), you're not going to pay on it until you sell it. Probably a long term hold.

Mr. Flip Flop had more "wealth" than GW. But GW paid more in tax because he had more income...and that was taxable.

3. Super Dave

LOL! Ah, yes, you are the victim.

Um, yeah....

Enron...that was before GW. I'm trying to figure your politica point, but...well, go for it. You're the victim...:up:

Well, I guess you're the victim again because you don't have a little thing to shake around and people are willing to pay to take your picture.

I suppose you'd beat Rossi if you took away his money too.

VICTIM!

4. mad brad

mad brad Guest

the 5% aren't even in the equation.

as a perspective, the middle class of america are the wealthy compared to the rest of the world. and yes, those people and the evil RICH 5% WILL be wealthy again if you had your dream and distributed THEIR money.

5. Hawk518

Hawk518 Resident Alien

6. Super Dave

+1

They are the victim's, remember...

:D

7. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

According to you.

8. mad brad

mad brad Guest

yes, they haven't hit life's "lottery."

9. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

Well, which is it? Are they victims? Or just unlucky?

10. Super Dave

And others...

So many poor people, and middle class, are just so down trodden and the rich are just people that climb all over the others...

Brad, what's the link? marxist.com?

11. Super Dave

They claim to be victims. Few ever are. And a lack of fairness...well, that still isn't victimization.

12. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

So, you've talked to all of the not-rich? Man, you must get around, round, round.

13. Hawk518

Hawk518 Resident Alien

Bob, you cannot deny the indoctrination due to Welfare.

Even the Military is exemplary of behaviour due to welfare. At the beginning of the month and after the 15th you don't see noone on base. Everyone is free to spend instead of save. We can discuss the fairness of military pay later but the fact is that in the Military you can spend what you have because at the end of the day, you know your housing and your food (primary needs) are taken care off. Money is leisure!

How do you justify $150 Air Jordans on individual who have reasonable or justifable income for such a purchase. And, this expenditure is also not limited to shoes.

When you have your basics covered (and guaranteed) you spend on wants. While those of us who have no guarantee forgo spending on wants and do our best to limits what we spend on needs.

14. Super Dave

Just like you've talked to all the rich. Would be easier, though.

15. Super Dave

How about cable TV, DVD players, and HD TV's...along with government cheese...

16. Hawk518

Hawk518 Resident Alien

on a 1980 Corolla running on 20's:D

17. mad brad

mad brad Guest

i believe chris rock adresses this perfecly.

18. Hawk518

Hawk518 Resident Alien

He can but I cannot since I am not black/hispanic enough or poor enough. I am limited when it comes to using examples for if I do, I am a racist.

19. mad brad

mad brad Guest

oh, i don't know. i've seen men in grass stained brown suits with silly looking cars, and white guys with rediculously tall pickup trucks.

just don't like to hear any of them bitch because they have no money or opportunities.

20. Hawk518

Hawk518 Resident Alien

When we got off the boat in 1980 we were given government cheese. I think I got must of the calcium my bones need from it. I will say that it took a while to get a taste for that cheese. :D