1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

16.5 Tires/Slicks - Available anymore?

Discussion in 'General' started by jcivince, Mar 11, 2018.

1. G2G

G2G I feel the need

Michelin still supplies us with 16in tires for supermoto.

2. jcivince

jcivince Well-Known Member

CB186 and SoCal1000 = I'm located in Holland MI 49423. Hit me up with a PM and I will cover shipping (looking for a front & rear).
    Thanks!
    Vince

3. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

I'll take a look to see where I stashed it.

4. WMRRA #22 - SH

WMRRA #22 - SH WMRRA #22

5. Quicktoy

Quicktoy Is it Winter yet?

Holy crap. The earth vomited up more of the 16.5s.

6. 713

713 Well-Known Member

I have a set of Gsxr Marvic rims in 16.5 if anyone is interested. In white of course.

7. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

Wasn't expecting New date codes but screw that price

8. G2G

G2G I feel the need

for what year GSXR?

9. 713

713 Well-Known Member

Probably 06. I'll take a look at the label this evening. Also have some unused Michelins in 16.5.

10. NemesisR6

NemesisR6 Gristle McThornbody

I don't think that's out of line for a small batch of tires that are meant to (in most cases) help museum race bikes see the pavement again.

If you're serious about riding a bike frequently you would have already made the switch to 17's a long time ago.

11. stickboy274

stickboy274 Stick-a-licious Tire Dude

They were a little higher price than 17" when they were the standard.

That price isn't unreasonable.

G2G likes this.
  12. g maloney

g maloney Well-Known Member

Pirelli produced a brand new batch for iconic motorbike auction within the last year or so. They requested from Pirelli because they had customers needing them. It was listed on their webpage. I bought 10 rears and 8 fronts from that production run. I intended to use on a crt bike hector barbera rode and a wsbk spec gsxr1000. Im riding other bikes and these and the tires may be available to a good home if the right person is interested.

13. notbostrom

notbostrom DaveK broke the interwebs

Bet I know where those came from

14. G2G

G2G I feel the need

Damn, was hoping it would fit 88-92 GSXR's

15. 713

713 Well-Known Member

I think they are 05-08 Gsxr 1000. 6 inch rear. I also have some sprockets for the marvics.

16. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Pneumatico Delle Vittorie Retired "Tire" Guy

I heard something like this. Somebody with a bunch of cool exotic bikes called somebody, then that somebody called somebody that wears bowling shirts with red and yellow logos, that somebody called Milan, and somebody from Milan called the factory in Breuberg and said do you still have the molds for 16.5s? The answer was yes, which shocked me because normally discontinued molds get pitched. Anyway, an order was placed for a big bunch of sticky buns and the factory made them in early 2020 and 2021 and the rest is history.

17. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

You described the situation perfectly, well done!

18. mike w

mike w Knarf's buddy

wish they would pop out some DOTs...have a few sets of 16.5 Marchesani's from my old race scoots Id like to put on a street bike.Guess I could indulge in some hand grooving

19. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Well, they never made a 16.5 DOT for many reasons, so I would guess the answer would be no, no matter how many you wanted to get.

20. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie