1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

'13+ Daytona 675 Valve adjustment info

Discussion in 'Tech' started by younglion, Sep 12, 2017.

1. younglion

younglion Well-Known Member

Hey Beebs,

I have a 2014 Triumph 675R street bike that's just about due for it's first 12K miles full service which includes a valve check/adjustment.

For more technical things like this I use a friend/local bike mechanic who does work at his home garage for trusted friends however he's never dealt with a Triumph for a valve service before and has asked if I can source him the service manual specs for it.

I don't have a service manual as this is literally the only thing I'd need it for so was hoping that maybe someone here does and could share with me the pages that relate to the every 12k valve service please.

Thanks in advance....

2. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

There's actually a service checklist but the most time consuming is valves, steering bearing greasing, and I think fork oil.

As far as valves, if he can do a jap bike he can do a triumph.

Text me tomorrow and I'll get my service writer to text or email you the service checklist. Majority is street related stuff.

Oh yea you can't auto scan it to check codes and such without the computer.

3. younglion

younglion Well-Known Member

Thanks RB!

I bought the bike 2 months ago with 7000 miles on it and and since I'm almost Broome like with my OCD it's been over-serviced - between us we've done coolant, fork oil/shock refresh, brake fluid, tires, and steering head bearings, pivot points, etc.... So, I think all that's left with this service (doing it at 10,000 miles so early but again, OCD) is oil/filter, plugs, and valves.

I'm gonna have the local Triumph dealer flash the ECU and dyno tune it once I install the pipe/PCV - maybe I can have them check codes and give it a quick scan then.

If your service writer can get me the valve clearances that'd be great, man.