1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

'13+ CBR1000RR aftermarket exhaust

Discussion in 'Wanted to buy or trade' started by younglion, Jul 18, 2016.

1. younglion

younglion Well-Known Member

Looking for a slip on, or slip on and mid-pipe for some manufacturers, but the priority is on cost effectiveness rather than the blingyness. It's for a street bike, so I know the slip ons add next to no top end but the dyno charts my tuner showed me had up to 8ft lbs at 4500rpm increase with a Yosh Slip on so thats a gain I'd like as it's where I'll use it - low end and mid-range.

2. Jedclampet

Jedclampet Member

I have this beautiful full ti system used for just a little more than the cost of a slip on and with the stacks made great power.
    See the link I had provided and or contact me directly for pics. fits 08 - 16 and I'll include a Yosh pipe body cover part which fits 08-11 and maybe more.
    Peter

Ladybird full Titanium exhaust with both the 60mm core and 45mm core silencer cans. see this link incredibly well made.
    CBR1000RR 08 16 Ladybird Japan Full Titanium Exhaust System Great Power Gains | eBay retail $ 1799 with one can asking $1000 with both cans

Performance Friction carbon Metallic pads for stock calipers
    Part # 7602.03.08.92 two pairs ( four pads in total for front end stock calipers) less than 100 miles on them make an offer

3. younglion

I saw that and it is an amazing piece of kit, however it's well outside of my budget (sub $500). Good look with the sale though - shouldn't last long.

4. Jedclampet

Jedclampet Member

I had tried a Yosh slip on with a good map on my PC5 a felt a very modest improvement near 10k rpm but was softer everywhere else. For that reason I would not recommend a slip on for this bike to anyone. Other than being louder you giving up performance with any of these slip ins. IMHO Having tried a few combinations there's not much in the way of bolt on mods that worked. I ended up with a full pipe and the stacks which was an eye opener. The quick shifter was a cool mod with a big benefit on the track.

5. younglion

Thanks for your insight - it's totally the opposite to what I saw at my tuners place when we compared dyno graphs to my bike and a bike with the Yoshi stainless slip on. We saw no difference in peak power but really big gains from 4000-8000rpm - up to 8ft lbs of torque in places and 3-4hp if I recall. Top end was a dead heat and I could care less, 160hp is plenty for a street bike that never see's the high side of 11-12k anyways...

6. Jedclampet

Jedclampet Member

I agree with the 160 hp being plenty. My experience with slip ons the complete opposite of yours we found them point less. The PC5 and flapper mod, in my case
    helped the 3k - 5k weakness greatly. I had removed the Yosh slip on at one point and left the PC5 on the same map and found crest wheelies on familiar roads
    much easier which was a surprise to me at the time. Then I added the Ladybird full system which mimics an Arata very closely and the Lee's stacks with a richer map
    all at the same time and it was a huge improvement from bottom to top and sounded real cool too like a triple when on the pipe, never had a chance to dyno it though,\.
    All I could say is those that road it were impressed. But if you got the weakness from 3k - 5k improved that's excellent.

younglion likes this.