1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

125 Crank Press Jig

Discussion in '2-Stroke Machines' started by matt2491, Jul 26, 2022.

1. matt2491

matt2491 Well-Known Member

I recently built a crank press jig. It is essentially the same design as others on the market but machined specifically for Honda RS125 NX4 cranks.

A 1" thick steel top plate slides on four 1" hardened shafts which are fixed to a thicker bottom plate. Both plates are precision machined on all sides. I bored all the holes in one operation to maximize accuracy. The center holes were bored just large enough for the crank journals to slip fit through. I made four stand-offs which slip over the shafts to stop the top plate from over-pressing the crank.

So far it seems to work well. I've rebuilt two cranks with the jig. Both came out within .001" straight out of the jig. That would be good enough to run as-is. But I was curious if I could get it even closer. A few adjustments with the brass hammer and I managed to get one crank down to .0001-.0002". :clap:

The jig is very simple, yet especially effective with the Honda style cranks that have the sheetmetal covers, as it is difficult to accurately align the two crank halves otherwise. I'm happy with it. I might make more!

IMG_0937.JPG

IMG_0938.JPG

IMG_0939.JPG

Black46, A. Barrister, backho and 2 others like this.
  2. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

That’s impressive!!!

craig641 likes this.
  3. backho

backho Well-Known Member

Nice build! That fixture/jig could also double as a small die set!

4. FastByKids

FastByKids Tire Warmers What?

Oh that is purdy!